6.5 PRC Barrel Concern

I've got an unopened jar of the JBs, is that a good carbon remover?
I use Bore Tech C4 like, Brent M said, above, First. Then, some Barnes C-10 ( Soaked for, 15 min's, Max ) then, Dry patches. THEN,. Use the JB's, slathered on, a patch, fitted over, a Bronze Brush and spin it, in the Throat area a little bit and do, a few strokes back / forth ( Clean again ). The JB's polishes, the "Fire cracked" throat area & lands, a bit, so you're not tearing up Bullets, as bad.
Research different methods, on Here or, over at, Accurate Shooter. com
You're "Fighting",.. Carbon, Copper and Fire cracking and why I said, to use all 3.
Personally, I polish ALL my New Factory Barrels with, 10-12 strokes of JB's thru, the New Barrel then, do a 10-15 Shot "Break in" with, cleaning bbl, every 5 Shots. Barrel shines like Chrome after that, and makes it, easy to clean, as barrel DOESN'T "Hold" Copper & Carbon, as much,.. IF Polished !

Last edited:
Butches ain't going to do it. Bore Tech Carbon does a **** good job. But like I said before, CLR really kicks *ss on carbon and it's cheap.

CLR is almost miracle sauce for attacking carbon—it is the "easy button". Put some on a VFG felt pellet and it disintegrates carbon rings.

Just be careful with it—it will strip bluing and may discolor finishes. Keep it inside the barrel and you'll be fine.

Recent Posts