6.5 prc analyzed

ADG- Thanks! I did check them out a week ago but didn't see the 6.5PRC (of course, my computer skills are even worse than my "home destruction projects")! I'll try again.

Right now it's

Hornady
Bertram
ADG

Again, we all know that jasonco and mud are head-over-heels in love with all of hornady's 6.5mm cartridges.:D They know they are not worthy of them, and that is why they are bashing them.:D
HEY?! I love my 6.5 Creedmoor's. I just picked another at the Cabelas sale! It'l most likely be a 25 Creedmoor whenever X-Caliber get's a reamer?! I hunt with BIG BOY 7's & 30's. Target/comp shoot with 6 and 6.5.

I'm still contemplating a 6.5 PRC, because I like simple cartridges that do what they're supposed to with no fuss at the bench (the most I'l deal with is necking up/down that's it). From my point of view, because I already have a 6.5X284 Norma, they're close enough to be even Steven. Now if I didn't have a faster 6.5, I'd be all up in the 6.5 PRC! I just want real world numbers, as I was looking at the Ruger Hawkeye LR Target, before I take the 6.5 PRC Koolaid Challenge?

Hopefully I'll have a new v3 soon and I'll post up some 24" numbers. I'm hoping my monster can adds a few FPS too

HEY?! I love my 6.5 Creedmoor's. I just picked another at the Cabelas sale! It'l most likely be a 25 Creedmoor whenever X-Caliber get's a reamer?! I hunt with BIG BOY 7's & 30's. Target/comp shoot with 6 and 6.5.
Sorry I thought the other thread you put up about the elk kill was to bash the creedmoor.

Blackjack Bullets already has reamers...And bullets...And barrel blanks. ;)

Sorry I thought the other thread you put up about the elk kill was to bash the creedmoor.
Oh no! I don't bash cartridges, just the "improper" use of them. That was $h!t that I happened to come, while I was getting my 2019 big game draw tags put together. It was like a stupid car wreck, that you can't take your eyes away from and you end up just ****ed at it! I didn't want subject to that video, but it was like a PSA for us all.

There should be some Gunsmiths that can chamber you a 257 Creedmoor without having that reamer.

I am thrilled to have PRC brass available. I plan on filling my Remage trinity thusly...
7mm Practical (done) .338 RUM, and tada ...257 PRC. Before the PRC brass I was scratching my head trying to work around not having to buy an extra bolt (M700). We should all be thrilled that we have so many choices even if they aren't all the choices we would make.

Fun read! Alamo Precision is making a rifle for me in 6.5 PRC on one of their long action hunter actions. Looking forward to getting it and working up some loads this summer. Will probably try the Hornady ELD-X 147's and the new Berger 6.5 EOL's with RL26.

Fun read! Alamo Precision is making a rifle for me in 6.5 PRC on one of their long action hunter actions. Looking forward to getting it and working up some loads this summer. Will probably try the Hornady ELD-X 147's and the new Berger 6.5 EOL's with RL26.
AH, THE MYTHICAL PIXEY DUST. Been waiting for it to come in at my preferred gun store as I have a wad of $ on a gift card there. I use it for 3 different calibers and it just plain works for all of them. I used the last of my H1000 on the 6.5PRC loads the other day and they were accurate and consistent but I really want the RL26. Hope the snatch and grab hoarding settles down and stocks settle down fairly soon. Thank you all for the info on good brass; just starting to learn the art of long range shooting and want to know my limits with each rifle before mid October. Lots of fun work to be done! Thanks to all for the help!

Man, that's a good looking GSP pup in your picture. Always wanted one that was roan and liver like that. Had a weimaraner and bunch of labs and a golden retriever, but I think the next one will be either a rottweiler, dogo argentine, or cane corso.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.