6 5 prc, 270win, 284win

Well I can attest that a 6.5 PRC is great ballistically, but a pain in the *** for function. Factory ammunition is nonexistent and components especially brass is like finding the pot of gold at a rainbow. I was fortunate enough to get brass before **** hit the fan. but getting my gun to shoot has been a love hate relationship. The biggest issue is todays current dies no matter which ones are not sizing the case far enough down. Which leads to hvy bolt lift, bolt clicking or sticking. check out this thread for issues an a fix. https://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/threads/6-5-prc-chamber-fix-thread.9843/. Also, if you reload or shoot factory, 270, 308, 7mm rem mag, 7mm-08 are readily in stock. I actually like my 7 mm Rem Mag the best. With the right load, I am very confident in shooting something out to 800 yds.

7-08. The right balance of power, accuracy and recoil. A Tikka T-3 in 7-08 is about perfect but proper bullet expansion as well as shot placement, Heart. is critical regardless of bullet used. I have used 7 MM mag with good results. .270 not accurate enough at that range usually. That is a long shot on deer.
The 270 shoots bullets only .007 narrower than the 7-08 using higher BC bullets going faster than the 7-08 for every weight projectile. Tell me how the 7-08 is that much better? Oh and the 270 is just as accurate as any other rifle. Attached target 11of 13 shots under 1 MOA at 1000 yards and 10 under .75 MOA and that's just some loads I slapped together for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 75
did not mention on the game you going after and where ? Am fond of the 7mm's have several 7x57- 284 Win -280 Rem- 280 AI custom by Parker A- 7MM Rem MAG - 7mm Rem Mag Custom with 28 inch bbl tight chamber . Again caliber is one thing but the big thing is BULLET PLACEMENT each and every time !!!!! 30-378 Wby will do wonders along with the 300 Wby Mag shooting 150 gr Nosler's. My hunting partner only hunted with one gun and he hunted the same game , places etc as I did and his choice was a 264 Win mag and he could hit a ping-pong ball at 150 yards each and every time- seen quite a few guys loose there money on that one-paid for his new bbl's shot out two while I hunted with him. Have a 6.5 CM & 308 Win Tactical's but don't hunt with them.

Hi everyone, what will be your caliber if you have to choose one among these: 6.5prc, 270win, 284win, 7mm rem mag and 7mm08.

Got into a talk with friend of mine and whant to see what other shooter think.

Shoot will be about 600yrds max, might go longer on Steel but not on game
I went through this debate with my self and decided on the 6.5 PRC, my brother in-law decided on the 6,5 PRC as well. He got a Bergara and I got a Browning Hells Canyon, both shoot really good. Taken one Mule deer with mine , worked great.

The 270 shoots bullets only .007 narrower than the 7-08 using higher BC bullets going faster than the 7-08 for every weight projectile. Tell me how the 7-08 is that much better? Oh and the 270 is just as accurate as any other rifle. Attached target 11of 13 shots under 1 MOA at 1000 yards and 10 under .75 MOA and that's just some loads I slapped together for fun.
Man if you got serious they would be setting new records for 1000 yds, that's the best slapped together shooting I've ever seen.

Id go 6.5 PRC for deer (I went) I do reload so the hard to find ammo isn't a factor as I'll burn a few barrels before I am concerned about shooting the thing. All the ones you listed are more than enough tho

Im reloading my ammo for all my rifle, the 270win have been my favorite hunting caliber for many year, sold it to have more performance and bullet chose. But with expérience I now looking to get back to it ou crank up poser. But got 7mm mag, the 7mm08, 284win modern rifle, and 308...

Dont need it in the fact but having à 6.5prc or à 270win would give me more chance to find bullet 🤔😅

I'm surprised no one has brought up the 7 PRC

I can't find it just now, but there was a thread on this forum concerning it's SAMMI approval/registration.

Granted, at this time a custom build would be required, factory ammo non existent as far as I know.