6.5 Grendel Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting

Read this thread for some great info on the Grendel and Hammers, guys running the AH over 3k. I will be shooting my Grendel's tomorrow with the 85 HH amd the Sierra 90 TGK and will report back. Also, look at LeverEvo powder as it's pixie dust in the Grendel's.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is a PSA upper and Stag lower. 20" stainless heavy barrel. I was getting good groups from Nosler Partitions, but the Benchmark would not cycle at mid-load. I am going to test max loads. I am also loading up some Speer Gold Dots with Pro Varmint for this weekend to see how they work. Supposed to be a great combo. Might try another powder as well. TAC or BL-C(2).
From my experience, I've had better luck with BL-C(2) than TAC in everything I've tried it in. So far A2520 has been the best for me. I'm going to try Varget and RL15 next.

Also, look at LeverEvo powder as it's pixie dust in the Grendel's.
Looking at the burn rate chart, that's right around CFE223, so those both might be a good option. I've heard a lot about CFE223 being the cats meow for the Grendel.

I'd think Varget and the like are a tad slow but I haven't tried that yet. Considering CFE223 and LeverEvolution are a bit slower than Varget means that might be a pretty good range.

I know I've found most all of mine (4lbs) since the. Not sure how I've gotten so lucky.
Small local places seem to have stuff if you are lucky enough to have some around that carry powder and primers. Big places that sell online are completely out. I bought a couple pounds of H4895 online from Gunbroker and paid a small fortune.

8208 is my Grendel powder. Running 99 gr hammers for it.
Is that in an AR? Would you be willing to share your data? Just want to know where I should go with it. Since I have both on my shelf and haven't even started working on a load for the hammers.