AR 15 243 WSSM Bullet Choice for Deer

jhaney

I have a Dtech upper and was wondering what bullet those of you that have one are using for deer. I used to be an avid predator hunter shooting 55 & 87 gr bullets and now looking to develop a load for deer. I have lots of IMR 4895 I'm wanting to use also. TIA

I have a Dtech upper and was wondering what bullet those of you that have one are using for deer. I used to be an avid predator hunter shooting 55 & 87 gr bullets and now looking to develop a load for deer. I have lots of IMR 4895 I'm wanting to use also. TIA
I have a 7mm wssm ar15 and my bullet choice is very dependant on the weight because of the coal, but In your case it is not as important. I would say a good bullet would be the 80gr ttsx or one of the 80-90 gr nosler bullets. If you dont want to spend as much money, theres nothing wrong with a 100 gr hot cor for whitetail or mule deer.
Imr 4895 is a little too fast for the 243 wssm with heavier bullets, but it can be done.

I have a 7mm wssm ar15 and my bullet choice is very dependant on the weight because of the coal, but In your case it is not as important. I would say a good bullet would be the 80gr ttsx or one of the 80-90 gr nosler bullets. If you dont want to spend as much money, theres nothing wrong with a 100 gr hot cor for whitetail or mule deer.
Imr 4895 is a little too fast for the 243 wssm with heavier bullets, but it can be done.
Thanks for the reply