.243 Bullet Choice?

Autorotate19

I have searched the forum for some results on this topic and found some info but a lot of the info contradicts itself. I am looking to develop a load in 243 win using a higher bc bullet that doesn't mind being jumped to the rifling. My barrel is a 26" 1/9.25 twist. I know the vld bullets usually don't like being jumped so I guess Im looking for the next best option. Also just out of curiosity specifically what heavier bullets will this twist stabilize?

Thanks

105 amax is a good choice. I have personally got them to shoot in my 243 sps off the lands a bit. 87 v-max is also a good choice. Dont rule out the bergers also, many people have gotten them to shoot when loaded off the lands.

The 105 amax's will stabilize fine, with a 26" barrel the 107smk's should as well. The 95grn smk isn't a bad choice either.

Thanks I appreciate the suggestions. I have a bunch of norma brass I got for super cheap, what powder and primer would you recommend?

Thanks

CCI BR2 or Fed210M primers with H4831sc, probably max out between 45 and 47grns at a longer than saami OAL.

I have the same twist. Mine really likes the 95 berger hunting seated just under mag length with h4350

My VLS likes 95 VLD .010 off lands with H414. To my suprise they fit in the mag box too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.