6.5 Grendel Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting

I just got a 18" 6.5G AR, it shoots the Hornady black 123gr eldm great. I have some 85gr hammers and TAC I plan to try out soon for a fast hunting load.

Anyone tried to use the 123gr eldm for hunting? I'm thinking it would do well at 2550fps acting like a normal soft point at this speed.

I just got a 18" 6.5G AR, it shoots the Hornady black 123gr eldm great. I have some 85gr hammers and TAC I plan to try out soon for a fast hunting load.

Anyone tried to use the 123gr eldm for hunting? I'm thinking it would do well at 2550fps acting like a normal soft point at this speed.
Throw those f#%£ing hammers in a lake and get either some 120g Nosler bt or 123g Hornady SST. 6.5 Grendel isn't complicated.

Go see post 56 to see what I think about Noslers in a 6.5 Grendel, personally with the price hikes I'm staying away from Nosler all together. I have some SSTs, ELD-Ms, and some 99gr Hammers on my shelf. Currently working with a load for the ELD-M, shoots great. Haven't tried it on game yet, might not either, might try the Hammers for that.

How did you're range session go?
It didn't, unfortunately. I went out and every shooting station was taken. I have never seen the range crowded like that. Not sure if there was a CCW class going on or there was some kind of Army qualification that was scheduled. Going to take a half day this Friday and try to get out while folks are at work.

It didn't, unfortunately. I went out and every shooting station was taken. I have never seen the range crowded like that. Not sure if there was a CCW class going on or there was some kind of Army qualification that was scheduled. Going to take a half day this Friday and try to get out while folks are at work.
Let me know how it goes.