6.5 Grendel hunting bullet

I can tell you with confidence the 97 gr absolute in the 6.5 Grendel compared too the 123 gr sst , the 97 gr will out penetrate and have more retained weight with a impact velocity of well over 200 fps.
I meant too say the 97 gr Hammer will have over a 200 fps gain over the 123 gr sst their is no comparison . Like I said if you have ever used Hammer bullets you would understand .It appears from your post you are well informed with the performance of most bullets , but until you have actually used Hammer bullets I don't think you can make a honest comparison with a lead core bullet.

I meant too say the 97 gr Hammer will have over a 200 fps gain over the 123 gr sst their is no comparison . Like I said if you have ever used Hammer bullets you would understand .It appears from your post you are well informed with the performance of most bullets , but until you have actually used Hammer bullets I don't think you can make a honest comparison with a lead core bullet.
My conclusion is from your post is you believe the 123 gr sst will out penetrate the 97 gr Hammer bullet .

The energy equation is the problem and going with an even lighter bullet won't solve that issue.

Sectional density and momentum work together for deep penetration but you really have to pour the gas to lighter bullets just to make up for the loss of energy.

Even with that though, the lighter bullets lack the ability to penetrate deeply which is very important with hogs.
We are seeing velocities around 3000fps from the Grendel with the 97 Absolute Hammers which in my rifle is almost 500fps faster than the 123 ELDM/SST. The solid base should punch through all but the biggest hog at that velocity.

It really is pretty impressive how well they work. The Grendel shines with velocity of the 100gr class but you can lose some penetration. The hammer seems to fill both rolls.
It took me forever to even jump on the Grendel bandwagon. Just couldn't justify the jump form my 300blk with 100gr at 2580fps.
But once I started looking g at the same 100gr class bullet it made a ton of sense.

Have not used the Grendel on deer yet but the 5 antelope I've used ELDs on have one thing in common= They landed in their tracks! 100,120 and 123 ELDs don't exit but have so far worked very well between 350-450 yards
Just for fun try the hammers once. I ran the eld before and they worked for ok. Had very few exits and very little blood. Still shoot them at paper and steel but the bit extra cost per bullet on game is an easy choice for me.

Just for fun try the hammers once. I ran the eld before and they worked for ok. Had very few exits and very little blood. Still shoot them at paper and steel but the bit extra cost per bullet on game is an easy choice for me.
Y'all sound like the crack head on the corner. "Hey man, just give this a try. You'll love it bro, this is like nothing you've had before." If he's never lost an antelope with ELDs and I've never lost a hog with SSTs how much better can it get? It can get more expensive, but an animal can't get more dead.

Y'all sound like the crack head on the corner. "Hey man, just give this a try. You'll love it bro, this is like nothing you've had before." If he's never lost an antelope with ELDs and I've never lost a hog with SSTs how much better can it get? It can get more expensive, but an animal can't get more dead.
Inappropriate. This is not a forum to pick fights on or sling such insults.

Well if we all thought like you then now me would ever try a new bullet. We would all shoot round balls because "dead is dead".
A car and a bike both get you were you are going but I'm sure you don't use a bike for road trips.
Point is people that have used both a lot like myself have experienced much better performance on game with the hammers. And not just a few I usually kill over 100 a year.
The point is not to try and get someone hooked on them because I make zero profit if they sell.
The point is trying to let people know that something better exists. Then let the user decide if the extra money is worth it.

Well if we all thought like you then now me would ever try a new bullet. We would all shoot round balls because "dead is dead".
A car and a bike both get you were you are going but I'm sure you don't use a bike for road trips.
Point is people that have used both a lot like myself have experienced much better performance on game with the hammers. And not just a few I usually kill over 100 a year.
The point is not to try and get someone hooked on them because I make zero profit if they sell.
The point is trying to let people know that something better exists. Then let the user decide if the extra money is worth it.
You're right, my apologies. I wasn't trying to start a fight or an argument, I was trying to be funny, but I failed.

You're right, my apologies. I wasn't trying to start a fight or an argument, I was trying to be funny, but I failed. [/QUOTE
You're right, my apologies. I wasn't trying to start a fight or an argument, I was trying to be funny, but I failed.
Nice too see a man admit he was wrong , that is a rare thing these days apologies accepted . Takes a man too apologize.