6.5-06 Ackley Help!

I have a set of Redding FL dies (same as azsugarbear), and a Hornady neck die that I use for mine. I use the FL die to bump the shoulder back about every 3-4 reloads as needed, and neck size in between. Doing this, I rarely have to do any trimming.

Brian

I'm Using RCBS Custom Dies. When I went to Redding (Which I prefer), the wait for the dies was 6-9months. RCBS had them in stock. They work just fine.

Dan

Don't know that I'll be much help there; I've had mine for 11 years now, so prices have gone up a BUNCH since I got mine made...I paid less than $90 for mine including shipping...

That's pretty close to what Hornady charges for custom dies, which is what the RCBS ones are (they just keep a lot of custom dies in stock at RCBS - you never know what they'll have:D)

Brian

Yes, the RCBS dies are pricey, but the Reddings are a few bucks more. You just have to wait for the dies.

When I was researching this out for myself, I even called and spoke with Lonnie Hummel at Hornady and he said the same thing as Redding, 6-9 months at first, the second time I called the wait went to 9-12 months, He told me that the demand for reloading equipment was out pacing their ability to produce......

Hornady also requires 3 fired cases as they EDM machiene (sp?) the dies. That's kinda putting the cart before the horse.... I know the dies are good, but I didn't want to wait for dies. And let the rifle sit while I waited. I still would like to have a competition seating die, but that will have to wait. I'm kinda poor right now......

later,

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.