458 socom does the job

snox801

So got my first chance to take a big doe here in Michigan with my 458 socom and the cutting edge bullets raptor.
So I got tired of feeding these things corn so decided to feed one a raptor out of my socom. I will admit I didn't have a good shot on this deer. She was walking away looking back slightly angled. I sent one through the back hind quarter was hoping to thread the needle between the rear and front to save meat unfortunately I hit the rear hip. Never the less the deer went down In less than 20 yard. Bullet did its job flawless. Lungs were gone about 30+inches wound channel to get to lungs. Very impressed with the round and bullet. Didn't have time to look for blades or exit wound yet but I will. Tonight I will try to get a good broadside shot with the raptor bullet out of a 357 mag. Really hope these bullets live up to the hype.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.