Doe Day with the Cheytac

Congratulations on your hunt, guys.
Enjoyed the read, and those are some serious optics you have.

Great shot and good story. Thanks for sharing. :) Hopefully I'll get a look at that video sometime.

These guys seem to have a pretty good handle on what they're doing, and even if they didn't...

The bottom line is this - until the point that someone else or their property is harmed by a man's actions, that judgment over his own actions is his and his alone, and that phenomenon should be well respected.

Thank you I'm glad I'm not the only not aggreing with his antics.

Their is a trailer of the video On kevins website...Google montour county rifles it pops up at the begin when you log into his site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story and thanks for sharing :)

edge.

PS I read this on my first visit here...perhaps someone needs to re-read it in the FAQ

"This board was created for the expressed purpose of discussing the methods, equipment and techniques of Long Range Hunting without the burden of discussing or debating ethics. Although we all individually have ethics and limitations on what we consider correct WE DO NOT discuss nor will we tolerate discussions of ethics on this site. We are here to learn and share methods, techniques and equipment ideas."

I just took the time to read the full thread, and I must say that this is a long range hunting site, and keep posting those hunts, fellas!

Congrats on a great shot. I do have 2 questions...1:why are the bases on the rifle so tall? and 2: who built the portable bench?...or more importantly, can i get one???
that is all.
Daniel

Tripod for the bench is a modified hercules survey tripod
Big eye tripods are all bogens
Big eyes all are Kowas

The bases for the gun are custom made bases Kevin did. They allow him to slide the bases back and forth to get his scope as close to the bottom of adjustmanet as he feels neccesary. Very nice to be able to do this so you not a full revolution+ off the bottom of your scope. They were originally made for another gun he had and when he sold the gun he kept these bases and transferred them over to this gun. Thus why they are so high.

Moderators please kill this thread...it is a little out of control

A **** shame we can't share stories here.

thanks
JUDD

Guys.....it seems like we have another thread that got a little out of control which is entirely unnecessary. This is LongRangeHunting.com not one of the lesser sites where they condone just about anything and everything.

When it comes down to a thread turning to ethics, personal attacks, name calling etc. etc. it either gets pruned and cleaned up or nuked. In this case I chose to clean it up since I believe it is a great thread that needs to run its course cleanly. Before anybody gets their knickers in a bind, I deleted posts on "both sides of the fence" so don't anybody cry about my side, his side, I said or he said.

This is a long range hunting site and like was mentioned, that is what is promoted and encouraged here and that is what we discuss but we will discuss it according to the site rules.

I am keeping my thoughts and opinions to myself and made the "pruning" decisions based on this site, its reason for being here and the site rules. Please keep this, and all other threads clean and if you have a problem with this then either contact myself or Len off line and keep the site the way it should be.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.