4 great Hunting Cartridges

I get to help out some guys that have a hunting lease. They drew 4 bull tags for the rifle hunt. They used my rifle and have used them in the past. 7saum,300rum now the RBH. It works out good for all. They get bulls and I get more real world info. Personally it's been a lot of years since I've punched my own tags. Can't remember the last time. I also help out young hunters and family to get their tags filled.
I have 4 rifles in 2 different models.
7 and 300 are the Apex Hunter
338 and 375 are the Alaskan Hunter
Nothing better in the life of Hunting than watching & helping kids hunt....all kids are naturally hunters, it's just up to us to bring them up correctly & help them to become OUR next generation....I Love It

Very impressive. I don't have any of these but Travis did build me a 6.5x47 about five years ago. It's one of my favourite guns. If our Canadian dollar ever improves I wouldn't hesitate to have him build me another gun. Smoothest build I've ever done with excellent customer service. That says something, especially with all the paper work being in a different country.

Why are Norma Mag Improved cartridges all of a sudden so "new" ? A bunch of us have done these from 6.5mm to 458 cal almost ten years ago,

Why are Norma Mag Improved cartridges all of a sudden so "new" ? A bunch of us have done these from 6.5mm to 458 cal almost ten years ago,
They aren't "all of a sudden so new". I had my first reamer for a improved Norma mag made in 2009. The rifle was completed a few weeks later. The only brass available was Norma brass. We know that this stuff is soft and unable to handle pressures to make things really "improved". We used Lapua 423 Dakota brass also but this was not a option for most shooters to use. Over the 10 year span reamer modifications were made to maximize performance with the Available components we had at the time. Barrels were burned out. Data was gathered. Experience was learned. Then Peterson and Lapua brought out their brass offerings in the Norma Mag. It was what we needed to offer a line of cartridges to the hunting public that could be released and supported.
Nothing "new". It just took time, as stated above, to get to this point.

I'm just glad and feel fortunate to live at a time when there are company's pushing to build even higher quality components, rifles and optics for the shooting public and guy's like Travis and RH300UM taking the time and there own money to develop amazing cartridges that they now offer to anybody that wants to buy one. I know there's others that have made cartridges similar but not to many have put the time and effort to make sure it's right and then offer to build it for a person that wants one and GIVES FREELY the support after the sale with any question a guy might have about reloading for said cartridges and exactly what to expect from it.

I have ran some ADG. Very close to Lapua. Some places are thicker than Lapua. If they were quicker to the game they would have a lot more market share.

E5A35249-556B-4336-A66E-5D21C1F2301F.jpeg

Update on the RBH for us. This year's Idaho bulls with the 338 RBH and 260 Hammer Hunters. Bull on the right 850 yards. Bull on the left (mine) 450 yards. Shot out of the same herd! This combo was very impressive as both shots were quartering to shots. Full raking performance with a exit hole on both bulls. Both bulls dropped and never even twitched.