Great youth hunt

Ucsdryder

My daughter turned 12 this year and filled her second big game tag of the season with a horned doe. She made a great 199 yard shot with my 7saum. I thought she missed as they all ran off, but one of them veered left when the rest veered right. 50 yards from the shot her antelope was down. I tried to tell her she missed and better luck next time, but she says "dad, I saw it in the scope. I shot it and it stumbled and ran off and then fell over." WTH? Half the time I lose animals in the scope after the shot! She cried, we hugged, then she says "can I cut the heart out and can we eat it?" Apparently I've created a monster…and I love it! 😜

She has 1 more tag to go, a late season cow tag. I think her chances are pretty dang good! I'm hoping for a nice fat calf because the freezers are bursting at the seams!

The 180 eldm went in right behind the shoulder, quarter size entrance and baseball size exit through the ribs on the off side.
IMG_6457.jpeg
IMG_6456.jpeg
IMG_0299.jpeg

Awesome! Congrats on a great hunt! Making memories for sure. Does the can reduce recoil that much on a 7 saum? Impressive!

Awesome! Congrats on a great hunt! Making memories for sure. Does the can reduce recoil that much on a 7 saum? Impressive!
it probably reduces it 40%. She would have trouble shooting it over and over at the range, but in the excitement of shooting an animal it wasn't an issue. Her 6.5cm is set up the same way which makes it nice for practice.