37XC build

I have one on the Lawton It shoots amazing ! 338 Edge 30 '"
I'm wondering at this point if I could change it to a 33xc ..hmm
1/10 twist . Time to visit the Smith .

Rum Man

0F557CAA-DE54-4794-ABAB-DB65589CC3A7.jpeg
First 3 rounds down the tube
Just shot at the blank paper, then aimed at the bullet hole for next 2. Then legal shooting light ended
100 yards

Last edited:
This thing is a pleasure to shoot! Less kick than my 243, can watch the bullet hits in my scope. Wow is it loud! About half way done with load development but have no clue on speed yet. Going to have to shoot it with out the break to use my magneto speed as the brake is too long. I did strap it on using the spacers and strap had to be on the brake. Bad idea. Strap was clean of the port but sill burnt the strap a bit and I quit that real quick. Starting load was 2900 with the 350gr smk. Been having troubles with cci 250's. Two different lots and both are bad :bash: bunch of duds and few went off after 4th time the firing pin hits them. Switched to federal 215m and no issues. So far the worst load was 3/4 moa. Will check back when I finish load work and get speeds. Wish I had a lab radar for this.

Sounds like your on your way ! I sure like my Magneto Speed but I can see the trouble your facing . I'm out of town working and cant shoot or reload for a few weeks .
Are going to stick with the 350 smk you think ?

Rum Man

Sounds like your on your way ! I sure like my Magneto Speed but I can see the trouble your facing . I'm out of town working and cant shoot or reload for a few weeks .
Are going to stick with the 350 smk you think ?

Rum Man
i have some 361gr flatlines I will play with after I get the barrel well broke in. May play with some ce's aswell

Deer season just ended so I should be back to playing this week. Been having some extractor issues. Ordered a Kinney's extractor up grade and while installing I lost the old extractor plate. The Kinney's has a smaller lip and it's chewing up my brass. Should have just changed the detent ball and been done with it. Tempted to just make my own extractor plate. Will update when I get things figured out

Got a question: you having extractor issues or extraction issues? I see you stayed with the barrel nut.

Sorry if I missed it, what's the coal of a loaded 37xc w/ flatline?