37XC build

jasent

FBDC6E73-3F4A-47DB-83D0-C165023DD574.jpeg
First component of the build got picked up today.
Savage 112 target magnum in 338 lapua. I was going to sell this barrel but I just couldn't help but play with it. Loaded up a preasure test with h1000 and 300 gr bergers. Found a nice node at 2935. I'll play with that till she levels out. The target accu trigger is nice. Set at 1.5lbs for now, may lighten it up a bit more. Brake definitely tames the recoil, was like shooting a 308

Looks like I have seen one of them Guns before. Also it seems the trigger was pretty nice... ;)
DLG 2018 006.JPG

Should make a good donor. I know mine did.

F3F55AB5-CD85-403D-AF5A-0E77010124FB.jpeg
Not sure what was up with my v3 yesterday day but could not duplicate that load today. Speeds where all over with es of 45. Dropped down to 94gr h1000 and 2816fps. With es of 3 and 1/2 moa. Hope to stretch it out tomorrow.

Never shoot the donor rifle! LOL

I'm anxious to see how this project goes for you. I think the 33 and 37xc rounds are probably the best options out there for somebody looking to step up in performance from something like the Lapua improved. The CT case is great but I'm not so sure it's worth the extra expense in actions, stocks and components burnt when compared to the XC rounds.

Never shoot the donor rifle! LOL

I'm anxious to see how this project goes for you. I think the 33 and 37xc rounds are probably the best options out there for somebody looking to step up in performance from something like the Lapua improved. The CT case is great but I'm not so sure it's worth the extra expense in actions, stocks and components burnt when compared to the XC rounds.
i just couldn't help my self lol. I'm looking forward to the build aswell.

Maybe you just want the 33xc....... Run the reamer in and call it a day.. :D ;)

I do like the fact I can change the barrel out whenever I want.

I hear you there. Someday it would be fun to step up to the .375 cal range.

The .338 will make it there no dought. Use a High BC solid and a long barrel and you should make it no problem.

I went up to 96gr h1000. Never did get compressed, about 99%. Coal is long and hornady bass is thin. Hodgdon data says 92gr is compressed and max load. 96gr was hot and I did get a tiny ejector mark on that one case

I know the 338 will go 3k but 375 makes spotting splash much easier. The heart wants what the heart wants lol. It out of my control.