41xc 37xc 33xc and 30xc

I didn't get it shooting very well the first few times out. I switched to the 30xc. I have been thinking of putting that barrel back on and giving it another try? If I do I will definitely try the 869. Thanks
do still have the barrel ?

do still have the barrel ?
Yes. I still have the barrel. I also have a 7x338 improved bartlein 5r barrel that has been shooting really good. I might run the reamer in that one of these days when I find the time.

Last edited:
Does any one know who can make a 30xc bushing for the die set I have the die set for the 33xc and 37xc already.
we use a 30-378 sizing die to neck the 33xc brass down to 30xc being careful to keep from going to deep then you need a proper sized bushing to bump the shoulder down with the 33xc die

Last edited:
Kirby mentioned wanting to try 869 but I was happy with the 3400FPS with the 245 over 20n29. However it stopped gaining fps after 127gr. Maybe there's more to gain?

The idea if launching 230 ATips 3500+ is intriguing if they'd stay together

I also think the bearing surface of the 250's would negate the benefit of them with the decrease in velocity. The B.C gain doesn't over take the velocity loss….

We'll certainly learn more as more 300XC and Raptors are built

I'll be working up loads starting mid week for a 37xc that's due to arrive. It has a 1 in 8" twist 30" barrel and I'm planning on starting in the 400 grain range bullet wise with 375's and 350's here as well on standbye incase it doesn't like the 400 grain Lazers. Can anyone recommend the best powder for to use for the 400's and or the 375 grainers? Any suggestions gnbruce or recommendations for a decent load with H50BMG, H-1000, 24N41, RL-33, etc?? Any help will be much appreciated.