338 Sin

I just returned from vacation and will be shooting quite a few loads this week out of my 24" barrel. Will post them as I shoot them. Have quite a few of the 225 cutting edge bullets loaded. I think this will be a very good bullet for this rifle. A .64 bc over 3200 fps is nice.

LTLR:

Good Luck and god speed! I think there's a fair amount of folks looking daily for additional data.

Sure hope you have better weather than we do...nothing but rain!

Wayne

The 338 Sin is about the coolest idea I have heard in a long time! :Dgun)I'm really looking forward to seeing some load data.

Has any of the current development been pressure tested?

Well.... I....Hummmm.... Smiley - Angry.png

Here is a pic of the newest 338 Sin

Ruger 77 Hawkeye Stainless

IMAG0206.jpg

It is almost finished, Just need to fit the recoil pad a little better and test fire it. Then she is off to the sale rack.

Sounds very interesting as I have a Stevens .308 build in the pipeline. Might be a fun switch barrel proposition.

I have also been tinkering with an idea for a sub sonic .338 chamber to fit a short action/AR10. So you have a big heavy pill going sub sonic, maybe extend the accurate range of subsonic ammo. Your case might be a good prototype.

As most of you know Long time long ranger is up in Alaska shooting Caribou with the 338 Sin and 225gr Cutting Edge bullets. I got a call from him the other night letting me know how the 338 Sin and CE bullets were performing. His first shot was at ~883 yards, hit the Caribou in the shoulders and blew out of the back side with an exit hole ~1.25", no bullet was recovered, Caribou had no chance of moving. Next shot was in the mid 500 yards with the exact same result, no bullet recovered either. Don is happy with the cartridge, bullet, and ~7lbs scoped rifle. He will be able to tell more when he gets back.

Thanks for posting-- That's excellent news.

Pretty amazing for a light carry rifle. Absolutely a winner.

so in my 7mm rem mag chambered vanguard i couldnt rebarrel it to a 7RUM and still have it as a repeater? But then i seen somthing about i can modify mine? If i do this will i be able to run the 180g VLDs on out or will i run out of room? Would this "7Sin" give me 7RUM performance as a repeater without any action/mag modification?

How has this cartridge been doing? Has anyone else done any testing. O know Devin has been swamped but surely a few more have them by now?

If it is able to do what we believe it can do I might be converting one of my savage over to it?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.