338 Sin

I think Devin is extremely swamped. Would be nice to hear from others as well. I'll post as soon as I get my conversion back from Devin...can't wait!

Wayne

Just got back from Devin's shop....picked up my Dakota brass that Devin got for me. I can tell you that the man is most definitely swamped with work at the present time. I saw several barrel blanks waiting for his attention as well as a rack of rifles.

Need to be extra patient....with him being a one man show. I think everyone will be rewarded with exciting products when he finally gets caught up :D

Wayne

I know a lot of people in other parts of the country are waiting for spring so that they can work on their new loads and break in new barrels. It was cold here in Houston this morning at 41 degrees Brrrrrrrrr. Should only get up into the mid 70's with bright sun shine.

Not that I'm bragging or anything LOL. Just wanted to keep this thread up front so we can get the latest on information on this new offering when that information comes around.

I just sent him a rifle to be rechambered. I know hes swamped, but hey he started this, what did he think was going to happen when he floated a good idea?:)

I just hope i can get it worked up before Colorado!

Fire forming i used. 75 gr of 4350 and. A 200 gr sp

Hunting i used 84 gr rl 19. Win mag primer.
That was 2950 fps.

My gun had to back a grain off of LongRangers pet load. It is also a 24 inch win m70

78 gr of imr 4350 was only 2855. With a 225 cutting edge

88 gr of h4831 was 2950 with a 225 cutting edge

I am hoping to get more data later this year as I will have 3 rifles to test loads in, my original Savage 110 (heavy hunter), Ruger 77 (hunter), and a Weatehrby mark V with a Brux barrel (hunter). Sorry it has been a while with little info here and there, I have been working on the 6.5 Sin which I should be getting some load data in a month or so too.

Did anyone ever do any testing of the 338 Sin with 300gr Bergers? I am still looking to build an ELR gun that will mag feed from a Savage.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts