338 RUM & Reloader 33

DEW

Tried searching the forum for info on this combination, does anyone have any reloading data for this combo shooting 300gr bergers? Looking for actual field data. Thanks in advance Duane

Funny how similar threads pop up. Just responded to a similar question on the Rifles/Barrels/Bullets/Ballistics forum.

Alliant has load data for the 300 gr sierra:

300 gr sierra OAL 3.59" 99.3 gr for 2718 FPS.

This data should get you close.

Az thanks for the info. I saw that on their site, but was curious if anyone had been playing around with it. Ill check out the other post you referenced. Thanks Duane

I've seen a few posts with people saying that RL33 will give the best velocity. I shoot a 338 RUM with hornady 285s and I'm getting 2900+ with a 26in barrel using 96g of H1000. 2720 seems weak for a 300 grainer.

Alliant's site lists their 338 RUM loada with a 24" barrel. I don't understood that practice, because to my knowledge the 338 RUM was never offered with a barrel shorter than 26".

Came across this thread and thought I would pass along that Powder Valley has Reloder 33 in stock right now... 8lb jugs only. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.