Reloader 33

Wachsmann

I've been researching all the articles I can find on RL 33 and how temp sensitive or not temp sensitive it is. I only been able to come up with a range from .75fps/degree of temp to what I seen on another message board a person posted from an email that was a response from Alliant that there findings was...about 2.4fps/degree of temp. I see a lot of post stating that it increases in velocity with lower temps. So does anyone have first hand experience and/or have calculated a average decrease or increase with RL33 for as temperature goes. I've started dialing in a load with it but I still need to get it across the chrono to see where it at. Thanks for any feed back.

Here is what was email to someone on another shooting Form called long range only.

I emaied alliant in regards to the temperature stability of reloader 33.

They replied and said this:

Glenn,
I can provide you with a general change in velocity for temperatures.
If you work a load up at 60 degrees and it is traveling 3000 fps, at 100 degrees that velocity would be 3141 and at 0 degrees it would be 2928fps.
Now this is also variable on other factors other than temperature. Humidity levels elevation, barrel condition all enter into velocity changes as I'm sure you well know.
Thanks,

Trying to average this out in fps change per degree of temp change to input in ballistic solver , then test at range.

Seem to be less change at lower temps according to Alliant. Anyone else have any data..would really like to here your results.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts