338 Norma action

Ucsdryder

At the infancy stage of putting together a 338. I've landed on the Norma wanting to make a repeater with the shortest barrel possible, all in a 10lb package. The plan is to start with a muzzle brake then move to a TBAC 338 suppressor.

First the action…

Can I beat the kelbly atlas lapua bolt face for 950? Any other actions I should consider? I'm open to any suggestions or components anybody might want to sell!

My piece of advice- You should go ahead and snag that 338 Ultra and get started on the wait!

If you don't mind not having the Gen 2, Mile High has the Gen 1 for a steal right now. Sign up for their email list and get an extra 5% off…

I'm 135 days in on my efile for my TBAC 338 Ultra and I'm chomping at the bit.

for the price no you cant beat the Kelbly action.. it will shoot as good as any!

but I suggest BAT HR light weight either mine or UM has one that is light also.

reasons being is the modular bolt design on these actions makes it so you can run a 308, mag and lapua bolt face in the same action!

larger thread tenon size side ejector and super simple field strippable bolt makes them a win !!!

do you want a DBM or floorplate ... combine the BAT with the new DBM from unknown and its a 100% modular!!

as far as barrel size I would go 20" or 22" 9 twist depends on your flavor of hunting!!.

also do not look past an improved version which will gain you that extra 150fps which in short barrel .. it helps more than one thinks!

I have a 338 ultra can and its awesome you will love it!!

A 10 pound loaded rifle would not be very hard to do..

Kelbly Nanook I have 2 338 Norma's—I did a stiller Tac 338–built it with a 24 in proof sendero if I was to do it again..I'd go 20 in barrel and use my suppressor on it all time. The way it sits it's 11.5lbs scoped . The other I have a Kelby panda 338 style…great action but I have a 22 in barrel that is a sewer pipe..it weighs like 16 lbs scoped with a stock

At the infancy stage of putting together a 338. I've landed on the Norma wanting to make a repeater with the shortest barrel possible, all in a 10lb package. The plan is to start with a muzzle brake then move to a TBAC 338 suppressor.

First the action…

Can I beat the kelbly atlas lapua bolt face for 950? Any other actions I should consider? I'm open to any suggestions or components anybody might want to sell!
That is hard to beat for the money. I originally going that route but went with Anti-X instead on my .338 NMI build. My estimated weight with 24" carbon .860" at the muzzle hunt ready (scoped and all) is 11.48 lbs with an MB and 11.96 lbs with Rex Silentium Ultra suppressor. Good luck!

EBC9A815-013E-4EE5-899E-3B73E2D8A9FD.jpeg
A57193B9-61D7-4200-B996-C00F3931C90F.jpeg

338 RBH (338 NMI) 24 inch barrel. Hunt ready at 11lbs. 9 oz. With 3 in the mag. ATACR scope makes it heavier.
Just another option to consider

I used a Defiance deviant and #6 sst barrel and the rifle is 10 lbs bare. I'd suggest doing a carbon fiber barrel to save some weight.