338 Norma action

Lugs, surface area not shear. Think wide mud tires. Large lug footprints dont compress as much. Its important if you want to run high pressure and I do. From day one I would only use the HR. Lots of guys experience early pressure signs, not with an HR.
Is your position that the kelbly atlast in 338norma isn't stout enough to handle the pressure of the norma? I've read about the 700 platform not being able to handle the Lapua size bolt face. I'm curious to know if this is a potential issue with the atlas tactical?

I'm fighting weight and cost. I don't want to go "cheap" but I also want to be conservative in regards to cost and weight. I'd like to end up with a ~10lb scoped rifle.

I went with the Mausingfield on my 338 as well . My second choice was the Atlas. Time will tell if i did right. So far no issues. Mine is 27" and right at 10#

Attachments

• 20220416_091106.jpg
    20220416_091106.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 67
Bat igniter long action lapua bolt face. 1-1/8" tenon, HR lugs. 1150$ unknown munitions has one in stock. If I were building another norma based rifle, and didn't want to spend huge money, it's the only thing I'd choose.
Thank you! Looks like they'd need to be nitrided which would add to the cost though.

Is the pricing correct on pdf for the BAT HR on their site? I would assume it must be. Wasn't just last yr, IIRC, end of June, I priced it out and it was let's just say A LOT less. I had written down with 30 moa rail and full nitrided. Did not order as I think the wait at that time was 8 or 9 months. Choose a different build putting it off till next yr. Maybe I made a mistake somewhere or it was the gunsmith ffl price sht vs consumer. Do not even want to say the increase in case I am incorrect.

Anyone recall what the HR was selling for in first half of 2021?

I have to be screwing up my numbers somewhere.

There's been a thing happening, it's called inflation.
Wow thanks you were really helpful. I had not noticed that.

Can you answer my actual question? In case you missed it. What was the cost first ½ of last yr? Have the answer? No?

There is a reason I am not posting the actual price in case it's in error or the gunsmith ffl pricing.

Is the current pricing on their pdf pricing sheet correct? A BAT HR lapua bolt face 20-40 moa integrated rail full nitride $2300? That does not seem just a wee bit high?

Borden 338 Bigfoot nitrided $1700

Terminus Kratos X DLC $1425

Even Pierce's 10x chevtac actions with all the bells and whistles is under $2K.

What 0.509 bolt action is over $2k let alone $2300 other than the BAT?

Which, once again, is what caught my attention and caused me to look up the price I had.