.338 Lapua

TLM

Greetings all,
I have bitten by the Lapua bug! It seems brass is everywhere and I have always liked the .338 caliber. I have found a Weatherby Accumark new for $1900. If you were going the Lapua route what would you do with a 2k budget (rifle only). No offense to any owners, but I have never cared for the look of the Savage actions. I believe a gun should shoot well and should also be something that visually appeals (to me) as well. Thanks in advance.
Tim

i love my 338, brass is easy to find cause no one want to spend $300 for 100 rounds of brass. I was able to pick up a used gun with less than 100 round through it for $2500, it also came with 100 cases. Be prepared for expensive cases, extra powder, and at least another $2k on a scope, the gun is just the start of it all

Budsgunshop.com sells that rifle for around $150 less than that price

I have an Accumark that shoots well and agree that it is one of the better bets for a factory rifle in Lapua at that price range

I am also with you in that I dont care for the Savage

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.