338 Lapua now i need optics?

I just looked and unless savage screwed up on one single rifle your integrated rail is 20 moa, and yes Sightron scopes are money well spent, I have the 2 I mentioned earlier because 1200-1950 a pop for nightforces was getting kinda pricey, kevin cram from montour county rifle will sell you a SIII 8-32x56 with mildot or fine crosshair w/ dot for 750 tyd, the ones with the 2moa crosshair are a little higher.

I just looked and unless savage screwed up on one single rifle your integrated rail is 20 moa, and yes Sightron scopes are money well spent, I have the 2 I mentioned earlier because 1200-1950 a pop for nightforces was getting kinda pricey, kevin cram from montour county rifle will sell you a SIII 8-32x56 with mildot or fine crosshair w/ dot for 750 tyd, the ones with the 2moa crosshair are a little higher.

i will be going with the 2moa when i get it. id like to find out what i can get it for through Kevin. could you check with him and see or how would i be able to get a hold of him?

He is a sponsor of this sight his web page link Montour County Rifles should pop up on the home page in green I believe, if not he's listed under the sponsors, just send him an email or call him before 5pm est, he's in PA.

I just ordered my model 111 longrange hunter in 338LM and im topping it off with the Huskemaw blue diamond, I have two of these scopes on other rifles and they are Awesome, as long as you gather the data correctly the turrents are spot on!gun)

Im just about going crazy waiting for mine to show up. Haha it'll hopefully be in next week!! What did you havr to give for yours if you don't mind me askin bowhunter42?

I have a Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope with a custom turret. It also comes with an illuminated reticle. Transferable no receipt required forever warranty. IMHO I don't think there is another scope that will work better for any amount of money. It cost $899.95 plus about $100 for the custom turret. I have never heard of anyone having any problems with recoil even with a 50 BMG.

SWFA Vortex Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST Rifle Scopes

Field test: Vortex Viper 6-24x50mm PST MOA FFP scope. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

Vortex Viper PST mounted with pics. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

Last edited:
$1149 I wasnt able to cut much of a deal. How long of a wait is yours out,On mine I was told awhile. A friend of mine talked with the Savage rep, and he said they weren't making alot of the 111's but instead were building a bunch of the 110 BA's I guess they are selling a ton of those, and thats about what they weigh.lol

$1149 I wasnt able to cut much of a deal. How long of a wait is yours out,On mine I was told awhile. A friend of mine talked with the Savage rep, and he said they weren't making alot of the 111's but instead were building a bunch of the 110 BA's I guess they are selling a ton of those, and thats about what they weigh.lol

Boy i paid $1700 for my 110 ba i thought it was a good deal.? Your thoughts?

And they said the first of the year but im hoping earlier. Ha

I know they weigh a little bit but weight doesnt really bother me ive been packing an STW around for years that weighs in at a grand total of 13.5 lb naked so an extra two pounds wont bother me.

Man thats a hell of a deal, The cheapest I have found the BA is $1899 up to $2200. I do ALOT of back country hunting that I walk into, I just couldnt pack the extra weight of the BA 8 to 13 miles into the wilderness areas of the state. this year I changed rifles went from my 300wsm at 8lbs to my 300win mag at 10.2lbs and even just that small amount I did notice. You really did get one heck of a deal on that rifle, and from all I have heard the thing is a shooter! keep us updated when you get it and what scope you decide to top it off with! Jay

I got the 110 LRH in 338. That BA model is a tank weight wise. I prefer extra granola bars in the daypack over more weight in the firearm. Besides the BA is butt ugly (not that the LRH isn't)...lol

Man thats a hell of a deal, The cheapest I have found the BA is $1899 up to $2200. I do ALOT of back country hunting that I walk into, I just couldnt pack the extra weight of the BA 8 to 13 miles into the wilderness areas of the state. this year I changed rifles went from my 300wsm at 8lbs to my 300win mag at 10.2lbs and even just that small amount I did notice. You really did get one heck of a deal on that rifle, and from all I have heard the thing is a shooter! keep us updated when you get it and what scope you decide to top it off with! Jay

Ya i seen what i could get it for and i signed. I hunt way back in the back country and i messed up this year. I was 13 miles in and i was watching these elk with a beautiful 6x6 bull and maybe 15 cow. Well they bedded down and i dialed in it was about 550 yards across and waited. I had a elk B tag. And my general elk tag for a bull so i could shoot anything but being 13 miles in i came for a bull. Something spooked them and the cows started up the hill being thick timber all i could see was bodys i seen horns three back so i followed and shot dropping it where it was. I was starting to worry when i seen a bull going over the hill. I walked over to my elk and i had busted a cow 13 miles back! Shity deal but she sure tastes alot better then a bull.

Man I thought the LRH was pretty freaking cool looking, lol

My wife's comment (I had the firearm sitting on the breakfast bar with a bipod on the front swivel, at least my wife is tolerant about firearms...somewhat....)

Was that the Savage LRH looks 'industrial' and I agree with that observation. Certainly not asthetically pleasant to look at but then' it's a tool. Most quality tools aren't eye appealing asthetically but functionality is paramount as this is.

Of course an AK looks industrial as well. Industrial and sinister at the same time.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts