ABLR vs ELDX-4.jpg
ABLR vs ELDX-2.jpg
Anyone have the physical dimensions on the 270 eldx bullet? Oal, boat tail, bearing surface lengths? I wish Hornady would put specs out like Bergers quick reference sheet. Would make picking freebore a lot easier. Saami freebore looks to be about .160, leaving room for 0.520 bearing surface above neck/shoulder. From most reports, the eld bullets like jump, the X particularly. Getting everything lined up for my RUM build. Thanks for any help!

Ouch, that means seated properly coal will be 3.83" or so. Oh well.......does anyone know if the 338 rum is prone to donuts in neck? I have adg brass which is very tough, hopefully not much flows forward. Thanks for the info @Idaho Trecker

I've never had a donut with a RUM. Mine is chambered with a SAAMI reamer and with a 270 seated to.020", it ended up at 3.815" OAL, which by theory is about perfect to feed through a wyatt's standard mag box. It ended up not mattering though, the 270 didn't tune in until I seated it to .110" off with a 3.705" OAL.

Last edited:
I've never had a donut with a RUM. Mine is chambered with a SAAMI reamer and with a 270 seated to.020", it ended up at 2.815" OAL, which by theory is about perfect to feed through a wyatt's standard mag box. It ended up not mattering though, the 270 didn't tune in until I seated it to .110" off with a 2.705" OAL.
@brentc , 2.815 with Hornady comperator? Or that's meant to ve 3.815? What brass are you using? I saw your screaming results with RL26. Hoping to duplicate that velocity with my build, 28" proof 1:9.3 barrel.

Last edited:
@brentc , 2.815 with Hornady comperator? Or that's meant to ve 3.815? What brass are you using? I saw your screaming results with RL26. Hoping to duplicate that velocity with my build, 28" proof 1:9.3 barrel.

Yes. I meant 3.815" and 3.705". I fixed it.

I'm using Nosler brass.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.