145 ELD-X

I'm currently doing some load development with a 270 win, 145 ELDX, and H4831. I started in the 55 grain and have gone up in 0.3 grain increments, up to 57.8. No pressure signs, but nothing below 1 moa yet. The rifle is a 1952 Rem 721, and it shoots .400 groups with130 grain SSTs, so I know the rifle is accurate. I just loaded some more test rounds in 0.2 increments up to 59, hopefully I'll get out this week.

Last edited:
Both, the ELD's and ELD-X's,.. "Jump" well, so don't be afraid to try,.. .040 to .080+ OFF, the Lands
I Find, the Max Powder Charge, First at .020 Off, Light Jam of, Lands then, Adjust Bullets

Both, the ELD's and ELD-X's,.. "Jump" well, so don't be afraid to try,.. .040 to .080+ OFF, the Lands
I Find, the Max Powder Charge, First at .020 Off, Light Jam of, Lands then, Adjust Bullets
That's what I do with my hunting loads. Start the OCW with bullets 0.030" off, get my best charge, then fool around with seating depth if I need to.

Usually I can get a load with a hunting bullet at or below 0.4" at 0.030" off CBTO, so I don't mess with depth seating. My self-imposed limit is about 500 yards on animals, .4 moa is fine.