300 wm 178 eld-x or 200 eld-x

What's the twist rate and elevation you plan to hunt/shoot at? In my Custom 300 WM w a 10 twist at basically sea level, I could not get the 212s or Berger 215 to shoot much better than .75 moa consistently. The same gun would shoot 180 class bullet in the same hole and was always .25 moa or better when I did my part.

That being said, my vote would be the 215 Berger's if you have the twist rate or elevation to shoot them.

Got out this afternoon, still seeing right around that 2800fps. I also had loaded up 5 more in 2 tenth increments for 1 full grain higher. I maxed out around 2843fps with some light ejector marks. So right now at a loss, I'm ok with a little less velocity, my goal was always 2800fps or higher just want to get the SD and ES back down and grouping back. Going to go down tomorrow go through all my notes and see if there is something I'm missing somewhere.

What's the twist rate and elevation you plan to hunt/shoot at? In my Custom 300 WM w a 10 twist at basically sea level, I could not get the 212s or Berger 215 to shoot much better than .75 moa consistently. The same gun would shoot 180 class bullet in the same hole and was always .25 moa or better when I did my part.

That being said, my vote would be the 215 Berger's if you have the twist rate or elevation to shoot them.
Twist rate is 10, I'm right about 2k elevation but also hunt upwards of 9k. I've used Bergers twist rate calculator and seems as long as I keep fps 2800 or higher i should be good for all Temps and elevation i hunt.

So went down to the bench went through all notes and walked through my process. Figured out I had my son load the powder, when I loaded last time I ran the jug out, and since I didn't load the powder dispenser I didn't catch it. This powder is some stuff I bought off a guy locally so it is older and a different lot. Could this be my issue, would make a 100fps difference? This is the 1st time I have ever switched lots with a developed load.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.