200 Gr. Eld-x 300WM Reloading

I bought the factory ammo, shot it and it shot dimes! But out of my old oem Browning Abolt it was slow. 2800 or something. So I used the Hornady brass, CCI 250 mag primers and 72.5 grains of H4831. This is HOT! 🔥 It crunches a little. I took a dremel tool to my magazine and seat mine at 3.60 COAL. 3000 fps and with that goofy BOSS I tuned it right in to tiny groups. It shoots 4 inch groups at 700 yds which is as far as I have stretched it out on paper. The target was me shooting and adjusting to be dead on at 200 yds. The last 5 are all in one hole. Good luck.

Attachments

• 20200803_132734.jpg
    20200803_132734.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 217
Well, I hope someone out here has the answer. I was given this photo and on it is written a powder load which falls within H1000 low and high load but I do not know what the MV is. It is my hope this duplicates the Hornady factory MV for a 300 WIN MAG of 2,850 FPS since my scope has a laser cut top turret cut for this MV. If anyone has the answer please let me know.

200 ELD-X PWD LOAD 300 WIN MAG.jpeg

Rem 700 sendero 300 wm 200 gr ELDx IMR 4350 cci 200 primers 67.5 and mv 2925
Would you happen to have photos of the group it shot with data on it like the one shown. Also why I'm out here I may as well ask the question most likely a million people have asked. Is there a vendor anyone knows who will sell me 1000 WLRM or Federal Large Rifle Magnum / Match primers, one pound of H1000 and 100 Hornady 200 gr 30 cal ELD-X. I need to get 100 rds loaded up right quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you happen to have photos of the group it shot with data on it like the one shown. Also why I'm out here I may as well ask the question most likely a million people have asked. Is there a vendor anyone knows who will sell me 1000 WLRM or Federal Large Rifle Magnum / Match primers, one pound of H1000 and 100 Hornady 200 gr 30 cal ELD-X. I need to get 100 rds loaded up right quickly.
Brother, you might as well be chasing a Leprechaun trying to buy primers and powder right now. Primers especially! Powder does show up occasionally, but Ive been unable to find H1000.

Any one of those things might be attainable within about a month of searching around and being diligent, and also being willing to order online and pay hazmat fee. All of them however? Simply not going to happen right now.

If you go on Gunbroker with the aforethought of being raped, beaten, thieved upon and left with a completely unsatisfied empty feeling in your soul you can buy primers and H1000. Probably cost you $115/lb for the powder and $200 for the primers/1000 and you will be up and running. The bullets....ask here in the classified section and see if someone will sell you some. They're gone!!! Good luck!

Forgot to mention running that load at 3.500 coal, winchester brass. Disclaimer, I have not further tested it beyond 100 yards but mv's indicate it is solid.

Attachments

• 20210108_130725.jpg
    20210108_130725.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 239
Well, I hope someone out here has the answer. I was given this photo and on it is written a powder load which falls within H1000 low and high load but I do not know what the MV is. It is my hope this duplicates the Hornady factory MV for a 300 WIN MAG of 2,850 FPS since my scope has a laser cut top turret cut for this MV. If anyone has the answer please let me know.

View attachment 239874
Is that your rifle in the picture? If not, you may as well start fresh.

Here is the Hornady load data for .300 WM and the 200 ELD-X

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-131935_Hornady Reloading Guide.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-131935_Hornady Reloading Guide.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 538
I am trying to believe all the hype that is going on with the new Hornady Eld-X line. I recently bought a box of 200 gr. ELD-X (Precision Hunter) for my Remington 700P and shot a 2" group at 100 yards. Not acceptable. I am going to reload my own ammunition now with the same bullet. Has anybody had any luck with this bullet and what kind of groups are you getting? How is the performance down range?
My bro-in-law dropped a big 8 point whitetail at 100 yards with a 300 wm/200 gr eld-x combo this year if close range expansion is a concern. The deer just rolled over, no steps even taken.

That chart is posting some slower velocities then what I've seen with a number of different powders. Maybe the barrel length is 24" or something? Just an observation...

I like that information. I will load the 76 gr of H1000 with the 200 gr ELD-X and most likely be satisfied. It may not be 2,850 as the factory is supposed to be but I think it will do the job. Maybe someday if I find someone with a coronagraph I'll post the actual MV. Thanks for the information. Oh and all the comments about me "wishing and hoping" for primers and powder are spot on. I can't even put primers on "backorder" which is a shame. Does anyone know if the Federal 210M primers will work in place of the WLRM or the Federal Large Rifle Magnums ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Factory Savage Long Range 300 WM w/24" barrel, 200 gr ELD-X over 73.5 grs of H1000 gave us 2890 fps and sub moa groups out to 800 yds.
I'm looking at this data and sure would love to see the Chronograph read-out and a picture of the target with these results. If you have them please post for all of us to see. I did see someone who used 76 gr of H1000 and got a very good group at 100 yards. If you got 2,890 with 73.5 gr this 76 gr must have been zipping along much faster.

Attachments

• 200 ELD-X PWD LOAD 300 WIN MAG.jpeg
    200 ELD-X PWD LOAD 300 WIN MAG.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
  • Hornady Loading AP Data.jpg
    Hornady Loading AP Data.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 759
I like that information. I will load the 76 gr of H1000 with the 200 gr ELD-X and most likely be satisfied. It may not be 2,850 as the factory is supposed to be but I think it will do the job. Maybe someday if I find someone with a coronagraph I'll post the actual MV. Thanks for the information. Oh and all the comments about me "wishing and hoping" for primers and powder are spot on. I can't even put primers on "backorder" which is a shame. Does anyone know if the Federal 210M primers will work in place of the WLRM or the Federal Large Rifle Magnums ?

I'm looking at this data and sure would love to see the Chronograph read-out and a picture of the target with these results. If you have them please post for all of us to see. I did see someone who used 76 gr of H1000 and got a very good group at 100 yards. If you got 2,890 with 73.5 gr this 76 gr must have been zipping along much faster.
I used regular CCI Large Rifle primers in my .338 Win Mag, and got my best groups with that rifle, but the loads were mild.

As far as the Hornady data I posted, the data for the .300 RUM is hitting about dead on with what I'm getting over the chrono. But I can't speak personally for the .300 Win yet.

ALSO: PLEASE DO NOT START LOADING AT 76 GRAINS!. That is a max load, and if your gun has a tight chamber, you may get unwanted results.

Last edited:

Recent Posts