200 Gr. Eld-x 300WM Reloading

That chart is posting some slower velocities then what I've seen with a number of different powders. Maybe the barrel length is 24" or something? Just an observation...
25 actually

Screenshot_20210108-171039_Hornady Reloading Guide.jpg

I will be reloading to these dimensions, using the WLRM primers and Hornady 200 gr ELD-X as sown with 76 gr h1000. The chart shows 2800 FPS. Am I to understand 76 gr may yield more than 2,800 FPS.

Well, I hope someone out here has the answer. I was given this photo and on it is written a powder load which falls within H1000 low and high load but I do not know what the MV is. It is my hope this duplicates the Hornady factory MV for a 300 WIN MAG of 2,850 FPS since my scope has a laser cut top turret cut for this MV. If anyone has the answer please let me know.

View attachment 239874
2786. That's what I was getting out of my friends tikka. It didn't shoot the factory's any where near as well. I'm running 75 gr in my tc venture. 76 and I'm getting pressure signs. I'm getting 2777 with my tc. I've began to look not so much at muzzle velocity as I am looking at down range velocity.

I'm looking at this data and sure would love to see the Chronograph read-out and a picture of the target with these results. If you have them please post for all of us to see. I did see someone who used 76 gr of H1000 and got a very good group at 100 yards. If you got 2,890 with 73.5 gr this 76 gr must have been zipping along much faster.
I don't have the chrono read out or pics of the target, I worked up this load for a friends rifle years ago, I've loaded at least 300 rds of ammo for him over the last 6-7 yrs, he along with his friends have shot a bunch of coues whitetail with it out to 700+ yds here in AZ and Mexico.

I don't have the chrono read out or pics of the target, I worked up this load for a friends rifle years ago, I've loaded at least 300 rds of ammo for him over the last 6-7 yrs, he along with his friends have shot a bunch of coues whitetail with it out to 700+ yds here in AZ and Mexico.
Thank you very much for the information.

Thank you very much for the information.
Dude, I think you're only picking out the good bits and ignoring the warnings.

You CAN NOT just pick someone's target picture and expect your results to be the same. Not even close. Ive had two identical rifles that shot completely different. My .300 RUM shoots the Hornady Precision Hunter ammo to 5/8" or less, but my handmade with the 220's have not came under 1.25".

Please do not think you can half *** duplicate someone's handloads and then go take long range shots based on such. Thats insanity.

Gotta say my Sendero 300WM shot MOP. If you are not familiar with this; minute of paper. This rifle shoots everything except the 200ELDX. Go figure. Tried everything, powders across spectrum . 200AB 0.5 MOA, 196 HH 0.5 MOA, 190 Impact0.5 MOA and so on except for the 200ELDX. Never tried the 212 which maybe would do better. Friend has 1:9 300WM that shoots them great. Interesting when they first came out I believe there was a 1:9 requirement on boxes that was removed.

I agree. It's too easy to shoot 3 at 74.5, 75.0, 75.5 etc and actually find out for yourself what your own rifle is feeling pressure wise. Never know what can happen at 64k psi.

I agree. It's too easy to shoot 3 at 74.5, 75.0, 75.5 etc and actually find out for yourself what your own rifle is feeling pressure wise. Never know what can happen at 64k psi.
Ive had stuck bolts in Rugers. If they had been in Remington, it would have jerked a chunk out of the case head, and I would have been days digging that thing out. We put two Ruger M77 MkII .300 Win Mags side by side. Max loads came more than 1 grain apart. Im worried this guy is going to blow a rifle up in his face.

All the accuracy in the world doesn't mean chit if it blows the bolt through your teeth.

When maxing out a ladder I am extremely conservative with 0.3 gr increments on the ladder. Waste of bullets, powder? Who cares if you are pushing into unknown territory. Bullets, powder and primers lot cheaper than medical bills. ;) I will dig out ladders I ran with both 200 AB and ELDX. And 196 HH. All with RL26

When maxing out a ladder I am extremely conservative with 0.3 gr increments on the ladder. Waste of bullets, powder? Who cares if you are pushing into unknown territory. Bullets, powder and primers lot cheaper than medical bills. ;) I will dig out ladders I ran with both 200 AB and ELDX. And 196 HH. All with RL26
I'm tapping out of this one. He is not going to listen to us, and I dont want to feel responsible.

Yep There is actual data out there from Alliant for 200 ELDX. Just follow book data. Lots of actual known load data. Don't wander when there is a path to take. I can tell you my Sendero tapped out before max load which is why every rifle is different.
Link: Alliant RL26

Yep There is actual data out there from Alliant for 200 ELDX. Just follow book data. Lots of actual known load data. Don't wander when there is a path to take. I can tell you my Sendero tapped out before max load which is why every rifle is different.
Link: Alliant RL26
I'm within tenths of a grain from max loads shown in the Hornady data, and I dont even have flat primers yet (big chamber vs tight chamber).

The target he is quoting was shot from a Tikka, and he has a Rem 5R. Those are worlds apart in terms of free bore.