300wsm 178 grn ELD-X

MAV300

I had time yesterday to start my new load for my Christenson arms 300wsm 9 inch twist. Accessories used.
New Norma Brass
Hodagen Superperformance
CCI 250
ELD-X 178.0 grn.
Brass: I put through my hornady dimension die. Just to take out any imperfections in neck. Then lightly beveled ends for easy bullet placement.
Primer:CCI 250 for mag primers placed.
Hodagen Superperformance: I have to say I really lucked out. Hornady Manual listed multiple loads for that powder. I wanted about 3000 fps. I started at 68.3 grns and that's where I stayed.
ELD-X bullet placed. All cartridges were put through my Hornady Concentricity tool. (Highly recommended). Cleaned bore, then ran dry patches through, to make sure clean and dry bore.
First three for pattern. Second shot I thought I missed. Third shot 1/2" from first hole. Walked out. Second bullet almost perfectly tunneled first shot. Adjusted scope to meet bullet holes. Let gun cool and cleaned barrel again. Next three within 1/4" of each other. All in center bullseye. More than pleased for my western hunts.

Sounds like you have an excellent recipe. I have been impressed how well the ELD-X shoot, and the ease of getting good accuracy, in a number of calibers.

Sounds like you have an excellent recipe. I have been impressed how well the ELD-X shoot, and the ease of getting good accuracy, in a number of calibers.
Yes, I agree. I have 143 grns for my 6.5. 145 grns for my 6.8 western and 162 grn for my 28 nosler.

Awesome. Ive seen mixed results on the newer Christiansen bolt guns so its nice to see a positive review
I have two. 300wsm and 28 nosler. Both shot Berger butlers well. I just wanted more of a partition bullet for heavier game penetration. Very impressed with ELD-X.