hornady 200 eld-x or berger 185 classic 300 wsm

Give RE23 a shot. It's temp stable and I've had good luck in a host of calibers. RE17 is also good in short mags.

The best load I have found for my WSM was with 215s and RL26. It holds 1/2 MOA out passed 1200 yards. It's not the most accurate at 100 yards that I have tested but the most accurate at distance and with RL26 I am able to get 2840 fps from a 24" shilen barrel.

I am using the Hornady 200 gr. ELD-X with RL-17. DougDuey provided me with a lot of help/guidance in coming up with a load using that combination. My rifle seems to like a velocity of around 2920. After a 3 shot group at 100, I rang steel on the first shot at 600. This is good for me as I am fairly new to loading and was the first time I shot at a target over 300 yds with my 300 wsm.

I went from the 215 to the 200eld now to the hammer 181.
For anything to 1000 they will be great. Less load work and they flat out work. I had great luck with h1000 in mine.

I like Hornady ELD-M. I have shot them in my 300 win mag and brewed up a load for my friend in his 300 WSM. Berger are the ones I depend on for hunting long range in my 270 WSM & Win, 300 Win Mag, and my 338 Win Mag. Elk, Deer, Bear, have no problem expiring quickly with Berger and Nosler bullets. I never got any moose tags so have not tried them on moose. Honestly I have been hearing good things about the ELD-X slugs. I have not personally used them. I like Nosler as well. I would try and see what your rifle likes. My rifles seem to like Berger, H-4831SSC, IMR 4350, Magnum Winchester Primers and well prepped brass.
Later Suckers, this gunsmith needs to get back to work.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts