308 win. What is your powder choice

I get much lower extreme spreads easier with Palma cases. My 1000 yard vertical dispersion is usually 4" or sometimes better. The hold pressure better as well. Plus they have more volume. I can run 49 grains of H4350 under the 208s at 3.050" COAL with only minor compression. Bear in mind 49.0 is pretty warm. Start quite a bit lower if you try it.

Can you give a little more detail on your load? How far off the lands, velocity, barrel length and twist? This looks interesting to me and I want to be able to make comparisons with my rifle.

Can you give a little more detail on your load? How far off the lands, velocity, barrel length and twist? This looks interesting to me and I want to be able to make comparisons with my rifle.

.170 free bore
.010" jump
11.25x
26"
2612'/sec

Recently changed lots of H4350. Slightly slower burn. Currently working with 47.1 grains at 2526'/sec but scary accurate/consistent. ES with H4350 over 205m primers is typically single digits with an occasional 10-15'sec ES. A little less consistent with new brass but very consistent with fire formed and resized. Don't ask me why. I don't know. My guess is more consistent neck tension. Just a guess.

.170 free bore
.010" jump
11.25x
26"
2612'/sec

Recently changed lots of H4350. Slightly slower burn. Currently working with 47.1 grains at 2526'/sec but scary accurate/consistent. ES with H4350 over 205m primers is typically single digits with an occasional 10-15'sec ES. A little less consistent with new brass but very consistent with fire formed and resized. Don't ask me why. I don't know. My guess is more consistent neck tension. Just a guess.

Thanks

I was forced to revert to try something new a couple years ago, so I picked up a pound of AR Comp. I'm glad I did. I love it for 168's.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.