300 wsm

bigbuckbuster

I recently got a winchester model 70 300 wsm and i was wondering what bullet you guys recomend. I will be using it for hunting but also would like it to be accurate at longer ranges. Thanks

You will get every quality bullet as an answer on this one. My answer is the Accubond. I like it for long range and the Barnes for stuff inside 500yds.

With my 300WSM, on simmilar sized critters, but a bit longer range, I personally chose the 180gr, & 200gr Accubond. Same for my 270WSM but 140gr Accubomb:D

I shoot a sister cartridge to the 300wsm which is the 7.82 Lazzeroni Patriot, little shorter & a little fatter (kinda like a "take one for the team" little sister :rolleyes:). Anyway, I started with the 150TSX, it was extremely accurate but lacked in long range (+500) punch. I'm now playing with the 168TTSX & when finished with gathering data there I intend to fiddle with the 175 LRX (.030 gain in BC).

I shoot 180gr. Accubonds out of my 300wsm in Savage. Great bullet drops them in their tracks. Furthest shot is on a Javelina a tad over 500yards. I also shoot 140Gr Accubonds out of my 270wsm like someone mentioned above...and it works flawlessly! I love the accubond! Dropped a Javelina at 550 here in Texas and A mule deer @ 500 in New Mexico. Both DRT with one shot.

Another vote here for the Accubond. I use to shoot the 200 gr. out of a hotrod wildcat and they were very effective on elk. In the WSM my personal choice would be the 180. As has also been mentioned, I have a box of 140's for my 270 WSM, but the 140 Berger VLD's are shooting so good I may give them a go this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.