300 WSM- XM or LA?

Brado16

Time for another rifle project. Going to build a lightweight, short barreled hunting rifle chambered in 300 WSM and I intend to use Berger 215s. Looking for feedback on if I will be handicapped at max length of 3.20" in the XM with the 215s? If so, can the LA feed the 300wsm reliably in a BDL configuration? I have mocked up Brass with the 215s and 3.150" COAL looks ok, but 3.275 looks even better. Anyone have "actual" beedback- been there done that info to share with me?

If you don't already have an action pick up a used Model 70 medium or long action that was built specifically for the wsm/wssm rounds.

If you want to shoot long heavy bullets a true short action is going to be unnecessarily limiting.

I did have one in a XM. I had a .235 FB which was perfect and they ended up not mag feeding. The 210 VLD s did. If your only .015 away from the magazine it usually won't need great. Long action with the Hawkins hunter dbm would be my choice. Mine feeds great.

Picked up another LA AntiX and opted for Hawkins Hunter LA DBM... thanks to the few of you who had some actual substance vs the keyboard ninjas... :)

Recent Posts