300 wm with 215 bergers

I dont know where to get RWS, but I think Hunting Shack has Bertram, and they are very close to the same as far as strength and volume

Thanks Broz. Would you recommend the Bertram brass over Norma or any other?

Here is a couple of loads for the 300 Wm
fired from my rifle

26" krieger barrel
custom reamer .3085" freebore diameter .150" Length
stiller tac 300 action
manners T4A stock
timney 501T trigger
ACIS CIP length lower
Nosler Brass (weight 214gr)

fired from bipod with rear bag odd bench.

Warning These Loads are hot in my rifle and should be approached with caution in any rifle.

I believe ADI in Australia make a few powders for Hodgdon in the USA.
Here is a link for ADI powder equivalents, most are just equivalents and can not be used interchangeably.
Powder equivalents, ADI Powders Handloaders' Guide

ADI AR2217 is Hodgdon H1000
ADI AR2213SC is Hodgdon H4831SC - Note the batch to batch difference from Australia to the USA can vary.

what i have found with the 300 WM is you have to pay careful attention to the capacity of your brass as it varies greatly.
some of the brass i have here weighs
PMC 250gr approx
nosler 240gr approx
nosler 214gr approx
So putting a max charge weight of powder from a case that weighs 214gr into a case that weighs 250gr would surely have an undesirable affect...

Regards Trig

I shot this today it was less than 1/2 going to see what it will do at longer distances later this week

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 68
I shot it at 400 yds got a group of 5 that measured 3.2 in . I am .060 off the lands I had a 17 ft es what can I do to get my group tighter?

We need to know how you are going about your load development. You really need to do an OCW or Ladder to find the most forgiving load. I strongly suggest a ladder. While you are doing your test make note of all your velocities. If you are not already doing so you need to find the correct powder charge or seating depth before moving to the next step. After you have done this you can move to the next variable. Once you have found the powder charge and seating depth I would try tweaking the variable you started with. I have found after finding the powder charge and then seating depth tweaking the powder charge sometimes will give a better load.

I started with 751/2 gr of h1000 bullet was seated .015 off the lands it shot the group pictured earlier at 100 yds a 5 shot group with a 50 fps es.I went out to 400 yds that group shot 3.2" same powder load but changed the seating depth to .060 off the lands out of 5 shots there was a 17 fps es. How do I do a ladder test and is there any more info that I need to get? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.