300 wby issue

pawhitetail

So I recently bought a 300 wby in an older version weatherby vanguard. New factory loads chamber without and issue. I have some new primed hornady brass that some chambers nice and smooth and some the bolt barely closes. I have some weatherby and nosler brass I full length resized with an ribs fl die and the weatherby is snug and the nosler won't even let the bolt close. Being a belted magnum headspaces off the belt that either the brass is no good or the headspace is too tight on the gun. I'm kinda leaning towards the headspacing of the gun because of the new hornady brass being tight on some pieces. If this is the case am I only going to be able to use factory loads? Any suggestions or ideas?

Set up your size die as instructed, lube the case, lube the inside on the neck, slide a strip of paper in the shell holder, under the brass head stamp, size the brass. Check brass to see if it will chamber. if not, fold the paper in half (doubling thickness) size the case again and see if it chambers. Your taking up slop in the shell holder while push the brass further in the die ( bumping the shoulder more)

Hopefully this makes sense

So I resized the 15 cases I had prepped once already. Tried the paper on the first couple and tried clambering no go. Doubled it up and still a no go. Only the same 6 that chambered the first time still chambered. I did resize the new hornady brass as well before loading. Being primed already I just pulled the recapping pin out of the die and FL sized them as usual. Brand new brass FL sized and some are still tight. This is what has me leaning to the headspace being set tight but it could be the hornady brass? I don't have a headspace gauge or I'd check it to see

Yes it is a used and and yes I did clean it but I could scrub the chamber again. I have some factory weatherby ammo. It chambers just fine lol

Base to front of belt is .215 on factory vs .217 on a nosler piece that wont chamber. Case diameter just in front of the belt is .510 on factory weatherby vs .514 on the nosler.

Are you testing the brass loaded, or just the empty brass? I assume it's loaded
I had an issue like that one time when crimping, and the crimp was just on the bottom edge of cannelure.

ETA: RCBS die crimp was causing the mouth to roll in and bulge because it wasn't in cannelure.