300 wm issue

Rail points are good ones. If it is an aluminum rail with steel screws and has been torqued or moved a few times. The aluminum can get gouged or scared in the screw holes. This might allow movement of the rail under recoil. I use Burris Signature rings and have moved the scope between rifles with good results.

Thanks for all of the input guys. Hopefully i can get it sorted out in the next month before idaho mule deer season. If not, the 270 will do just fine.

I have to disagree with most people here. The rail may be one thing... but its a CONSISTENT issue. Scope movement would NOT be.... for the most part. I honestly would change your primer. I've been using WLR/WLRMS from the days when 210s/215s were "unicorns"... and haven't looked back.

Not sure if it could be related here but worth checking. We had a 308 win that gave us a ton of trouble. It would shoot very well at times and then at others very poorly. Long story short it turned out to be the bottom metal was pushing against the magazine shroud and putting pressure on the action. We were able to relieve the pressure by shimming the bottom metal.

Steve

Not sure if it could be related here but worth checking. We had a 308 win that gave us a ton of trouble. It would shoot very well at times and then at others very poorly. Long story short it turned out to be the bottom metal was pushing against the magazine shroud and putting pressure on the action. We were able to relieve the pressure by shimming the bottom metal.

Steve

Agreed, after checking out the rifle, then scope setup, primers are next. For me, I always search in this order. However, up to 400yds, maybe even 500, you're fine right now! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.