300 Sherman Shortmag (SS)

Hello, so I'd imagine you guys are the ones to ask for advice.
Leaning very much towards a 300ss build. I have a stock Savage/ Stevens 200 22-250 short action to build with...I'd like to run a BDL internal mag. Will the 300ss with 215 Berger's feed in a standard Savage set up or do I need to find a wsm donor? Or are there aftermarket options I'm missing? I like dbms, id just like to avoid a box mag that protrudes much at all for this build.
The short 4rd mag(standard caliber) is close to flush. They make a wsm mag for that also. It also has a longer COAL than the above option and is a centerfeed
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/savage-...270-wsm-7mm-wsm-300-wsm-2-round-magazine.html

I built a 7ss on a Savage 16 with a flush DBM and it works fine. Get one for the WSM. One of the very best ways to go is on a Tikka, especially for the 300.

Any more interest in shortening freebore to fit in a strapless mag with a 215?
Think I could eek out 2800 in a 20" barrel @2.94-2.95? Seems doable with the 200/208 Hornady bullets at least.

I'm sure Rich will answer this as it is his baby but last we talked he was considering it for that reason. I may be rechambering a factory rifle and make another 300ss this summer. I'm going to stick with the original reamer for that and shoot 180-208 grain bullets.

Any more interest in shortening freebore to fit in a strapless mag with a 215?
Think I could eek out 2800 in a 20" barrel @2.94-2.95? Seems doable with the 200/208 Hornady bullets at least.
I am thinking about shortening the free bore a bit but have had too many things going on to make it a priority so far.

My smith sent me this pic of my action getting worked on the other day. My 300ss is getting closer!!!
Next step, renting the reamer
BF22C6CC-355A-4B1E-B7AA-3B8208E9DFB3.jpeg