300 Remington Ultra Magnum ... ELR

ar10ar15man, You, of course, are correct. I must admit that although the F class rifle is not "locked down to the bench", at 18 pounds it only seems like it is locked down to the bench. I don't hunt as much as I used to but in my sixty plus years of hunting I have NEVER seen an F class rifle in the field. I know. You probably know a thousand F class shooter that regularly take the rifle hunting. Great.
Just for the record, I don't really give a rat's *** about who shoots what rifle. My complaint is the snooty, look down your nose attitude of others when it comes to what a person shoots.

Fellas,

This is a simple thread as long as we keep our our senses about us and put these not so subtle jabs away because we just don't need them.

Folks come to here to ask for help, to get our feedback and to check their data against ours. Please try to stick with answering or asking a question to clarify what the OP has asked. We're all on the same side.:)

Ah yes. So many haters and condescending statements. If that is his only rifle it may be his, long range rifle. Not all of us have a bottomless pocket book to spend money on a gun that is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS to shoot unless it is locked down to a bench. I love my heavy 338 Edge and will carry it as far as I want to. I want you to drag around you fancy "F" monstrosity for even a morning hunt. Oh that's right. It is too fancy and expensive to dare take out in the field. May as well be a glorified safe queen. You know, a rifle that looks good on a mantle but you are afraid to take it to the field because it is so PRETTY and DELICATE.
Once again I fall back on my upbringing (thank you mom and dad). If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
All my toys have dings. But they are sure fun to use but not really to look at.

63BCD81D-8290-400A-990F-21767342A7B3.jpeg
This is a ELR rifle. Also a hunting rifle.
375 Cheytac carbon build. Mid 15lb. The accuracy of a ELR rifle should hover 1/4-3/8 min at most due to the range it was purposely built for (beyond 1000 yards). ****, these days everyone has a 1k rifle just ask around. Lol

you should have stopped with the last post.
f class is a bipod rifle shot PRONE, not from a bench.
again we said nothing about a hunting rifle.
the op claimer it was a 30 cal BENCH REST RIFLE...not us
think about what you said,,,
no one shoots a f class rifle as a hunting rifle... i agree
i also agree that a hunting rifle is not a 1000 yard bench rest rifle,
You probably know a thousand hunters that regularly take the rifle to long range bench rests matches. Great.

ar10ar15man, You, of course, are correct. I must admit that although the F class rifle is not "locked down to the bench", at 18 pounds it only seems like it is locked down to the bench. I don't hunt as much as I used to but in my sixty plus years of hunting I have NEVER seen an F class rifle in the field. I know. You probably know a thousand F class shooter that regularly take the rifle hunting. Great.
Just for the record, I don't really give a rat's *** about who shoots what rifle. My complaint is the snooty, look down your nose attitude of others when it comes to what a person shoots.

The 300 RUM is a good round. What I more want to know is how the Sightmark scope works out!

How do you like it so far Austin?
This scope has the 34mm tube, I had read about using the larger tube scopes for distance and I thought I would try it.
I really like it and plan on getting another one, sightmark sends the rings for it with the scope.

It's interesting to me how many assumption's have been made in some of these comments. For instance I don't recall saying anything about competition shooting.

This scope has the 34mm tube, I had read about using the larger tube scopes for distance and I thought I would try it.
I really like it and plan on getting another one, sightmark sends the rings for it with the scope.

It looks like a triple duty. But they do not have them as 34mm. What one is it? I might be missing the 34mm triple duty.

Basically what I'm saying is your running a full Custom for bench rest or elr. Off the shelf 1 out of a hundred. 300 RUM is a fully capable round for all the mentioned

competition ?? no, certainly IMPLIED when one says:
" Chambered for the 300 RUM is an outstanding . 30 Caliber Benchrest Rifle"

It's interesting to me how many assumption's have been made in some of these comments. For instance I don't recall saying anything about competition shooting.

there is a big difference in "benchrest rifle" and "cartridge".
he presented his RIFLE with the statement
"Chambered for the 300 RUM is an outstanding . 30 Caliber Benchrest Rifle"

Basically what I'm saying is your running a full Custom for bench rest or elr. Off the shelf 1 out of a hundred. 300 RUM is a fully capable round for all the mentioned

Benchrest guys know best. Small caliber hole drillers. I see what your saying. Understanding benchrest is all out precision

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts