300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

Thanks… was going to use a Manners EH1 but I let the smith talk me into the Alpine… glad he did. 1st Atlas… jury's still out.

Hot miserable day… but forming looks good… I had a bunch of 30 year old 180 coreloks and a couple lbs of 20 yo n170 I figured I'd rid myself of… I've got 230 & 245 Bergers I'll try out… hope the 245s produce decent velocities and better than decent accuracy.

321 rounds in and finally getting some good groups. Should have just started with the 230's 😅😅. Went out for another quick seating depth test and to shoot the rest of my brass so I can have 50 pieces to prep for the season. Set the micrometer at .308 and measured outside of group. A little slow, so I'm adding some powder next time, of course haha.
6460EB0F-1D68-4836-8084-A7B4A1CC9B9B.jpeg

54176593-0672-4C4C-B0F0-782B4A54F660.jpeg

321 rounds in and finally getting some good groups. Should have just started with the 230's 😅😅. Went out for another quick seating depth test and to shoot the rest of my brass so I can have 50 pieces to prep for the season. Set the micrometer at .308 and measured outside of group. A little slow, so I'm adding some powder next time, of course haha.
View attachment 382524
View attachment 382525
I think this is your….Holy Grail. Great group, great SD and great ES. I don't think you can ask for much better. After this point, your just having fun and burning your barrel out. Lol.

@Huntnful seems your there man. I settled on the 230 Berger's in my 300 NMI. I'm using Retumbo and shooting mine at 3075 fps and routinely goes sub 3/8" at 100 and held well sub moa to 1000 yds. Can't see a need to change anything atleast for the life of this barrel.

Lmao 🤣

Haha that also!
I found the 300 NMI the hardest rifle to get to shoot. Part of that problem was listening to everyone else and THEIR load data. With much frustration, I went back to doing it my way and….bam. It all came together, however at that point I was burned out on so much effort expended and lost interest. So, in the end sold an exceptional shooting rifle and moved on to another challenge.….Is there a point to this story? Nah, just rambling. Lol. Happy it all worked out.

I found the 300 NMI the hardest rifle to get to shoot. Part of that problem was listening to everyone else and THEIR load data. With much frustration, I went back to doing it my way and….bam. It all came together, however at that point I was burned out on so much effort expended and lost interest. So, in the end sold an exceptional shooting rifle and moved on to another challenge.….Is there a point to this story? Nah, just rambling. Lol. Happy it all worked out.

There lies the problem, had you ordered sample size Hummers, and consult with B2 and did it his way, you would have been done with load work with 15 rounds...

NO, NO... please, don't cancel me, just putting some humor, boys.... we have been too serious lately..

Sorry, op...back to your regular programming.

Last edited:
There lies the problem, had you ordered sample size Hammers, and consult with BB and did it his way, you would have been done with load work with 15 rounds...

NO, NO... please, don't cancel me, just putting some humor, boys.... we have been too serious lately..

Sorry, op...back to your regular programming.
And no not say the word supporter, seriously.

View attachment 382524
View attachment 382525
What powder with the 230 ?