.300 Ackley Magnum

My custom .300 Ackley is pretty much a Sendero SF clone (I've built several rifles like this, because I've always loved the Senderos). I am having good luck with 7977 and Berger 210's in my .300 Ackley. That was back during summer and it was nearly 100º outside. My ES was 14 and my SD was 7, and I was getting 3,000 FPS MV from a 26" barrel. Unfortunately, it was so hot and the sun was directly overhead, so the rifle got hot before I ever shot it (just sitting on the bench during setup) and it never was cooling down after shooting. So, after a few shot strings I hit pressure spikes with the MSv2, and gave up on it, and will be doing some more load development when deer season is over in February.

FYI, I know the reloading label says "7828 SSC", but that was the old label from another set of load testing. The sticky note on the inside of the lid has all the 7977 data.

IMG_8059.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg
IMG_8061.jpeg

Mud, love the range. And thank you for reopening this thread. I don't recall, which 300 AI did you have, the 1, 2 or 3?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.