.30 cal cartridge partner for .284 win switch lug

adk hunter

Looking for help with a .308 cartridge suggestion. I am having a .284 win with switch lug built on a tenacity short action. I have a .30 cal barrel and was thinking of doing a .30-284 but finding dies is proving daunting to say the least! Maybe I should ask here if someone has any?? Certainly open to ideas and may just go standard .308 win as I am going to do a .22-250 with this too.

I have also looked for a separate mag face bolt to do a .300wsm but again hard to find one. I'd be thrilled with a .300 WSM.

Appreciate and insight or advice!

you dont have many options for 308 on a standard boltface and short action. The 308 and 284 are going to be ballistic twins with same bullet weights on a short action. you could open up a 284 win bushing die and use the right bushing for 30-284 to size your brass but you will end up to long for short action with most bullets.

why dont you look into something in 6mm.
6 GT
6x47 lapua
6xc
6 creedmore
those will all work and also give you something cheaper but also very accurate to play/ hunt with for varmints/ med game and the 6mm with 55-87 gr varmint bullets is cheap and fun and will outlast the 22-250

I agree with can1010. Build something in 6mm. I did a 284 Win and 6 dasher switch barrel gun on a short action. The 6 Dasher is so much fun I haven't tried the 284 barrel yet.

Looking for help with a .308 cartridge suggestion. I am having a .284 win with switch lug built on a tenacity short action. I have a .30 cal barrel and was thinking of doing a .30-284 but finding dies is proving daunting to say the least! Maybe I should ask here if someone has any?? Certainly open to ideas and may just go standard .308 win as I am going to do a .22-250 with this too.

I have also looked for a separate mag face bolt to do a .300wsm but again hard to find one. I'd be thrilled with a .300 WSM.

Appreciate and insight or advice!
Depending on what dies you have 25-284 would be pretty easy.