WTO Switch Lug review

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Switchback2, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Switchback2

Switchback2 Well-Known Member

Well I got my First Switch Lug system in a few weeks ago and was able to try it out and see how it performed.
    First off I was able to mess with a couple of the SL systems a couple months back at World shoot and was Very impressed with there repeatability and ease and cost of swapping barrels. I was able to shoot a 6 Creedmoor at a 500 yard 1/2 size hog target and made a center shoulder hit, Took the barrel off and bolt out while they explained it all to me, Reinstall bolt/Barrel and shoot again and impact was maybe 4 inches right of my first impact. So I had to order one after that.

I ordered most of my parts and sent to them with a list of what I wanted with the exception of the .284 barrel which I brought from them. I went with a Bartlein on both barrels, Manners T4A Mini chassis, Curtis action and Calvin Elite Trigger.
    First off I want to say out of the dozen or so Customs I have built the WTO guys were Great to work with as far as updates and photos along the way which only took them around 5 weeks. I had them chamber the barrels in 6.5x47 Lapua and there 7mm SAW Throated long for the 175 Berger Elite Hunter. I had them Custom mix the Cerakote to match lightest color on stock which ended up being 3 colors and looks Great . Now on to the barrel swapping this system seems to be working flawless as I have changed barrels a couple dozens times already just showing my shooting buddies how the system works and how repeatability it is , which seems to be 1/2 to 3/4 MOA . I Am staying in that range after taking barrel off and reinstalling it every time, the worst POI shift I have got was 1 inch at 100 yards and that was 3 barrel take offs and once removing the Suppressor. Which I think the suppressor caused the other 1/4 change.
    There 7mm SAW caliber , I think 4-5 of us has already fell in Love with as it is a simple one pass though dies with Palma 308 brass and with the 175s and RL16 I am pushing them 5 shot average of 2836 already and barrel hasn't really steadied in yet, but we have stretched it out to 1000 yds making repeatable hits on 8 inch disc plate. So all in all I am Very HAPPY with this build and already trying to decide which Caliber barrel is next LOL
    [​IMG]

CaptnC and TwoMore like this.
  2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Damn, that's nice!

TwoMore likes this.
  3. Switchback2

Thanks it really looks better in person after I got scope mounted.

4. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

Just got my barrel in. Got to take it to Clayton and have him set up the SwitchLug. Sure could have saved some $$$$ on stocks and actions, had I committed to the SwitchLug when he first came out with it. The advantage to have a fire forming barrel for wildcats is another +. Thanks for the review.

5. Prieto9000

Prieto9000 Well-Known Member

A8CF923A-63C0-4B8E-9012-35F1550175DE.jpeg C34D3729-CE80-4C12-BE94-EA3F30FDCD7D.jpeg
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I built one in 6.5 GAP/28 nosler.
    Rem 700Ti
    Manners EH1
    Bartlein 284
    Proof 6.5

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  6. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

My only concern was the SwitchLug interfering with the scope mounted as low as I now have it. I'd hate to go to taller rings and ruin my cheek weld.

7. Switchback2

Mine worked out almost perfect with the 20 MOA rail, you really have to look at it to see any difference.

8. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

I was hoping the rail would help. Clayton said he didn't think it would be a problem, but the short length of my March puts the bell close to front of rail. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for the reply.

9. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

tag

10. Prieto9000

Prieto9000 Well-Known Member

You shouldn´t worry about it. It gets flush with my egw rail. I just had tu cut 2 slots from the front of the rail. So a non-extended rail should fit just fine.[​IMG]

11. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

Thanks, good picture, shows it well.

12. LastShot300

LastShot300 Well-Known Member

Congrats for the super set up, she is a beauty!

13. JamesT750

JamesT750 Member

How do you like the Switchlug? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an MPA chassis build using one and could use a bit of insight before i make the investment.

14. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

tag