Switch / Bighorn / Remage / WTO Lug

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here is a picture of the Barloc with a Savage prefit. On each side of the Barloc is a conical washer that you don't see. Go to ARCs website and I believe there is some videos of how it works. Or you tube has quite a few as well.

I'm going to be having Clayton at WTO build me a bighorn origin in 6.5prc soon and I'm opting for the switch lug because you can have many guns in one action/setup. The way I figured, once you have an action that takes prefits, every year you can have a new rifle by just buying a barrel in whatever price range you want.

Remington 700 action, 6cm Hawk Hill 7.5tw, Heavy Palma 24", and a Krieger MTU 8tw 24", Chambered by Liberty Precision Arms, Big Spring, Tx.

Just received a 22" proof prefit for my Bighorn Origin chambered in 6.5 PRC using a .154" freebore reamer from nick at Straightjacket Armory. Took me 30 minutes to switch rifle from 6cm to 6.5 PRC with bolt head change and swapping barrels. I bore sighted, put one on paper, chased it with turrets and shot 4 more. This was first group with factory 147 eldm ammo. Reamer was set up to jump .008-.012 if I remember correctly. Nick said he has been having outstanding results with the 147 factory stuff and this reamer. I'd say he ain't lying.

Attachments

• AD5A7BF8-E65F-4FCD-AD1E-4EB4A2BAA70E.jpeg
    AD5A7BF8-E65F-4FCD-AD1E-4EB4A2BAA70E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
  • E84D7CCB-E255-4DF1-8A83-83E208BB6B83.jpeg
    E84D7CCB-E255-4DF1-8A83-83E208BB6B83.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
Just received a 22" proof prefit for my Bighorn Origin chambered in 6.5 PRC using a .154" freebore reamer from nick at Straightjacket Armory. Took me 30 minutes to switch rifle from 6cm to 6.5 PRC with bolt head change and swapping barrels. I bore sighted, put one on paper, chased it with turrets and shot 4 more. This was first group with factory 147 eldm ammo. Reamer was set up to jump .008-.012 if I remember correctly. Nick said he has been having outstanding results with the 147 factory stuff and this reamer. I'd say he ain't lying.

Wow! I've heard great things about Nick @ Straight Jacket Armory! What stock is that and what color? Are you running that PRC in a short action? If so, what magazine are you using?

Wow! I've heard great things about Nick @ Straight Jacket Armory! What stock is that and what color? Are you running that PRC in a short action? If so, what magazine are you using?

That is a gen 1 Manners compact stock with the gen 2 mini chassis. It has the elite shell and gap camo. There is a gen 2 of that stock with a normal length fore-end now. I also had them install the optional lightweight carbon fiber adjustable cheek piece in the stock.

Yes, running this on a bighorn origin short action using binder plate free accurate mag. You can use the 300 wsm mags or do like I did because I had an extra and use a .308 mag and adjust the feed lips. Super happy with the build. The awesome part is with the mini chassis and ability to use shouldered prefit barrels, there is no long wait on a full build from a smith. With a viper barrel vice, rear entry action wrench and a toque wrench you can do everything yourself in minutes. The bolthead swap on the bighorn action takes about 3 minutes and the barrel swaps about 20 minutes max. I didn't even have to remove scope from action. Just spun 6cm barrel off, spun 6.5 PRC on, torqued to 100 ft lbs, bolted back on mini chassis and was shooting in 30 minutes.

Nick is super to work with. I have not in all my experience, run across another smith that takes more time to talk to you about what you want to do. So nice to get things right the first time. He's earned my business and I'm **** happy to give it to him.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.