30/28 Nosler

Happened to stumble upon this thread, I bought rhovees rifle, put an NXS on it, and it sat, and sat, and I haven't even fired it yet. I need to get out to the reloading room and get things rolling on this. Great read!
Get to shooting!

Thanks for posting the info. I can run my SAAMI 30 Nosler up to 3100 with no pressure with 215s but the accuracy is around 3040. I have had two and the node in the SAAMI chamber is very similar. I am going to send off a dummy with 230 SMKs for a reamer.
My 30 Nosler accuracy node too is 3060 with the same bullet. Repeatable .25 moa. Crazy accurate with h1000. One shot kill at 530 yards on a 6x6 bull this year by the way. Sure like this cartridge and bullet.

Happened to stumble upon this thread, I bought rhovees rifle, put an NXS on it, and it sat, and sat, and I haven't even fired it yet. I need to get out to the reloading room and get things rolling on this. Great read!

I was wondering about this. Can't believe you haven't shot it yet. I liked that rifle.

After much argument and negotiating with the "professional" men and women at our firearms licensing centre here in WA Australia, I have finally got my rifle to go out and do some testing... Ignore the "30 Nosler" on the barrel... It was easier to just engrave what ever they needed to see in order get the cartridge licensed..
But, all that aside... I'm pretty keen to test the 230 and 215 hybrids with a healthy dose of AR2217 and see where it all ends up.
I'll pop some more info and results up when I'm done with the testing.

Dan

Attachments

• 30-28 nos.jpeg
    30-28 nos.jpeg
    764.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 30-28 nos2.jpeg
    30-28 nos2.jpeg
    685.2 KB · Views: 150
After much argument and negotiating with the "professional" men and women at our firearms licensing centre here in WA Australia, I have finally got my rifle to go out and do some testing... Ignore the "30 Nosler" on the barrel... It was easier to just engrave what ever they needed to see in order get the cartridge licensed..
But, all that aside... I'm pretty keen to test the 230 and 215 hybrids with a healthy dose of AR2217 and see where it all ends up.
I'll pop some more info and results up when I'm done with the testing.

Dan
Nice what barrel? length/twist?

1:9 twist Bartlein HV finished at 28" with a Terminator T3 brake. I'm just waiting for my bag rider and a bipod to rock up and I'm sorted... As soon as I get home from shift I'll be on top of that rifle like a fat kid on a cup cake...
That will be fun to watch! I have a 9 twist heavy varmint Bart 28" on my 30 SM.
They should run pretty close.

That will be fun to watch! I have a 9 twist heavy varmint Bart 28" on my 30 SM.
They should run pretty close.
Nice!! Are you happy to share any v0 numbers you have experienced? I'm just curious is all...
Is the 30SM a wild cat cartridge based on a similar sized case..? I'm not ofay with the case.

Nice!! Are you happy to share any v0 numbers you have experienced? I'm just curious is all...
Is the 30SM a wild cat cartridge based on a similar sized case..? I'm not ofay with the case.
SM is my modified 300 PRC case. capacity is very close to the Nosler. Maybe slightly less?

Lads,
Has anyone used the new A-Tips..?
Just curious if they're worth the $$$. In Oz, $2.00 a pill seems a bit steep.. But, if they're performing as good as the claims, I might consider giving them a run.

Now that adg makes brass for the 28 Nosler, does it change anything with regards to the 30-28?

It does. A lot better than Nosler. Honestly with ADG brass, the straight 30 Nosler can reach the same nodes with H1000.

It does. A lot better than Nosler. Honestly with ADG brass, the straight 30 Nosler can reach the same nodes with H1000.
I would expect ADG 28 nosler brass to have much more capacity than the 30 nosler thus broadening the gap between the two in performance.