300wm, 28, 30, 30-28 noslers, and the 338 edge

Did you have to get the neck shoulder junction just below the bushing opened up or does it clear a 30 cal neck? What did u do for a seater? I have the 28n competition seater.

No need to open anything on the die.
For a seater I use a competition seater for a 300 wsm that I found on sale, it works great.

Kris

I'm looking forward to adg 28&30 nosler brass but it will be hard to decide between the 300 Norma. A good friend of mine has a connect and has been running 300 Norma lapua brass for about 6 months now. Out of a 26" Proof cf Bbl he ran the 230's up to 3200 with no pressure signs. His current load now with retumbo runs the 230s at 3022fps.

I'm looking forward to adg 28&30 nosler brass but it will be hard to decide between the 300 Norma. A good friend of mine has a connect and has been running 300 Norma lapua brass for about 6 months now. Out of a 26" Proof cf Bbl he ran the 230's up to 3200 with no pressure signs. His current load now with retumbo runs the 230s at 3022fps.
3200 with a 230 in a 26" is fast! Was that with retumbo ? Do you happen to know how many firings are on his brass and how its holding up? How many rounds are on his barrel?
I am really interested in the norma as well, I like lapua brass for one and even 3000fps with the 230's and a 26" would be great.

Im not a fan of lapua cases on remington actions. It will limit the pressures you can run. A remington will limit the pressures in general vs a good custom. If you want to do a lapua case look at the Bat HR action. The best rem clone for the lapua case IMO.

Im not a fan of lapua cases on remington actions. It will limit the pressures you can run. A remington will limit the pressures in general vs a good custom. If you want to do a lapua case look at the Bat HR action. The best rem clone for the lapua case IMO.
My BAT bolt will lift with my little finger when primers are about to loosen!!

I see, the other part is just running at max. I was running at 3200 with 180's and n570, 26" barrel in my 28n. Nosler brass would go 6-7 firings. Fired only 2 shot strings before cooling and the barrel only made it 575 rounds.
I have 100 pieces of 28n Bertram brass and figured I could covert my redding type s 28n dies to load the 30-28n. Maybe it would be better to just go 300 norma. In Canada I can buy 300 norma lapua brass right now and it is half the price of nosler or Bertram brass for the 28n or 30n. The only thing I am unsure of is if the action on my CA ridgeline would be ok to open up for the 300 norma and would I be back in the same barrel burning range as my 28n. I would like to be able to double what I got out of the 28.
Your 28 Nosler barrel only made it to 575 rounds?...Dayum!

I am in the dark here, is there issues with the 28n Bertram brass?
I found that the Bertram brass for the 28N that I reloaded for needed to be weight sorted and neck turned(.002 difference) to shoot consistent groups.
Primer pockets seemed tougher than the Nosler brass on the + side.

My BAT bolt will lift with my little finger when primers are about to loosen!!

Not a bat action But I have never had stiff bolt lift in my 06 shooting 215 bergers with 65 grains of RL26 and 58 grains of IMR 4350.

Infact it picks up just as easy after shooting those loads as it does empty...

I found that the Bertram brass for the 28N that I reloaded for needed to be weight sorted and neck turned(.002 difference) to shoot consistent groups.
Primer pockets seemed tougher than the Nosler brass on the + side.
That is a little disappointing. I haven't even opened the bag on mine. Thanks for the info, I will have to do some testing on mine and see what I end up with.

3200 with a 230 in a 26" is fast! Was that with retumbo ? Do you happen to know how many firings are on his brass and how its holding up? How many rounds are on his barrel?
I am really interested in the norma as well, I like lapua brass for one and even 3000fps with the 230's and a 26" would be great.

That was with retumbo and a defiance receiver. Barrel count at the time was low probably around 200 rounds. At the time his brass didn't have many firings on it but I will have to check in with him again.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.