28 nosler vs 7mm-300wm

fisherman983

What are the pros and cons of each? Is one better than the other? Planning on building a new gun and I wanna run the 195 bergers.
If there is another thread on this, excuse my ignorance and post a link please

The .28 Nosler will have higher velocities than the 7mm-300 WM with the 195's, because it has a higher powder capacity.

Personally, I would go for a .28 Nosler or 7mm STW if you want a big 7mm. Just my opinion.

I am not sure what you are intending to do with the rifle but one thing I would consider is most people running the 195s with the higher velocities are using RL33 which from most of what I have read is temp sensitive. I think barrel life is too short for me to be playing around with different loads. I have a pound of 33 on the shelf but don't really want to waste barrel life. I will say with a SAAMI spec chamber my 28 running 180 ELDMs has the exact same poi at 690 yds as my 7-300 with 180 Hybrids. I have just started testing so I will see what happens farther.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts