28nos and Hammers

sika64

What Hammer bullet would you guys recommend for Elk out to 1000 yards in a 28 nosler ? And if anyone has a starting load that would help as well.

H1000 will help some in barrel life. N570 will give you a bit more speed, but horrible on the throat.
With under 25 rounds a year I think I'm good in that department along with having 11lbs on n570, only used for elk if I don't tag out with bow. Have a couple of wsm's that are for the majority of range time and hunting on the east coast.

With under 25 rounds a year I think I'm good in that department along with having 11lbs on n570, only used for elk if I don't tag out with bow. Have a couple of wsm's that are for the majority of range time and hunting on the east coast.
Howdy, you might give Berger bullets a call or Vhitavori, it's the same place. They will give you load data for what you need.
Hope this helps.

That is why I went with H1000, RL33 is very accurate in my rifle, but I don't use it much anymore.
I am going to disassemble the few remaining loaded rounds and start over a grain or so lighter/next node down. it was really too hot for any weather, but it is very accurate. Not worth the hassle though, they will shoot just as well a little slower.
I shoot the 195 Elite Hunters with H1000. Also very accurate.