28nos

Yeah, yeah, yeah rub it in, " I got 4lbs, nada nada boo boo" 🤣🤣🤣 haha, just teasing. I went to the dirty side and use RL33 to get the speed for the 195gr Berger's.
😂😂😂Too funny! I like the RL33 as well pushes the big pills at a nice speed with no problems. And it's not that dirty I found Retumbo very dirty in my 338🤷🏻‍♂️.

It wouldn't be that hard to have two different loads developed for different shooting seasons would it? Have one set for 30-60° the other with a grain or so less powder for 60-90°? This would cure some the problem. Yes N570 is a great powder but it burns extremely hot, and eats throat quickly, ESPECIALLY in an overbore situation like the 28N. My friend shoots 195s @ 3070fps w/ 86gr Retumbo, his rifle is throated long, 3.74 is coal. This is nosler brass and could push it harder if he switched to ADG.

It wouldn't be that hard to have two different loads developed for different shooting seasons would it? Have one set for 30-60° the other with a grain or so less powder for 60-90°? This would cure some the problem. Yes N570 is a great powder but it burns extremely hot, and eats throat quickly, ESPECIALLY in an overbore situation like the 28N. My friend shoots 195s @ 3070fps w/ 86gr Retumbo, his rifle is throated long, 3.74 is coal. This is nosler brass and could push it harder if he switched to ADG.
Agreed! RL33 will probably be my main shooting powder but I will probably use N570 as my hunting load. Looking forward to doing load development with it! My 338 is the real big user of it and I have a pound down the pipe from the first go around very stable, very accurate, great velocities and not seeing a lot of issues to date. Everything has a good and bad to it. I played with a lot of different powders with the 338 to get something I liked. I have lots or pounds of slow powder with only a 1000 or 2 grains out of them! Expensive yes but satisfying to find something that works absolutely. But from what I gather from being on here I don't think any of us would have it any other way! 👍😉

Called my supplier yesterday they received 24# of N570 Monday sold out by Wednesday it never was inventoried, never hit their shelves.
I missed out on it:(

Not shooting them, but I checked how they would fit in my chamber with .280" freebore for the 195 bergers and they looked real good in that set up. I was just looking for other good options if my rifle didn't like bergers.
I got some loaded up hopefully hit the range this weekend

I have not had a good time with US869. It's very fine and static sets in you can't pour it or dump it with any consistency. And the RL33 is a workable powder,but lacks consistency and extreme spread could not be tamed.while not in a 28 nosler the burn rate is close to what I found to work very well is V. 20N29 you might check it out 🤠

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts