28 Yukon, yes please!

Are you able to move the shoulder back in one step or do you need a few different dies to make it happen? Sorry about all the questions, but I'm really interested in this round. Thanks.

I use two different dies in the forming process, a full length 28 Nosler die and a type s 28 Nosler bushing die with a tapered expander. both dies have been chucked up in a 3 jaw and had the appropriate amount taken off the bottom of the die. Here's the steps I go through in forming cases using 26 Nosler brass, seems long but it's really not.
1. Use the FL die to bump shoulder half way, rotate case 180 and bump back the rest of the way
2. Use type S die to just expand neck up to .284" ( this step eliminated if using 28 Nosler brass)
3. Run brass over expander iron
4. Turn neck.
5. Run through bushing die to assure proper neck tension
6. Run through trimmer to uniform
7. Load and shoot

All my virgin brass turns out with less than .002" runout doing it this way so they shoot great on the first firing

Any new updates? Loads, targets, or groupings? Thanks

Shot it one time since your last PM. Settled on 180 JLK at 3230, drops confirmed to 1500 yards and now she sits in the safe until elk season. I've got 3 other rifles I need to get going, a 6.5x47 for a coworker, my newest 6.5 saum, and a 6x47 for my 11 year old boy.

Loving the lefty! Great looking rifle. Man, this is an awesome round. Berger is really close to releasing their 195gr 7mm bullets and this thing would be crazy impressive with that bullet.

Not sure. Maybe 1200 or could be as low as 1000. I'm keeping an accurate round count but really doesn't matter to me. I won't be shooting it much, it serves the purpose for what I wanted it to be and will be a hunting rifle with minimal plinking.

If someone were to back it down to around 3100-3150 fps, I think the barrel life would be around to 2k or so. Only time will tell I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.